Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's trending for 2nd grade girls in Flatbush?

Ashrei

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 7:26 pm
I always feel like I'm the last to know about the "in" bookbag, shoes, etc... I was wondering if someone could give me a heads up.

I'm hoping a salesperson at the hosiery store can advice re headbands, socks, tights, but if anyone here has any suggestions? Special colors/styles?

What is the in bookbag to buy?

She already picked out Venetinis that she likes so I guess that's done.

Any advice re brands and trends, please let me know. Thanks!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 7:32 pm
This is so sad. Let her be a little girl for a few more years. It doesn't matter what is trending. When she notices then you can worry about it. Right now this is about you.

Ashrei

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 8:05 pm
It is about me and it is just for fun. I really didn't mean it to be so dramatic. I'll steer her towards what's trending, but in the end let her pick what she likes! I'm mostly curious. Let a mom of mostly boys enjoy dressing up her only princess!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 8:44 pm
Ashrei wrote:
It is about me and it is just for fun. I really didn't mean it to be so dramatic. I'll steer her towards what's trending, but in the end let her pick what she likes! I'm mostly curious. Let a mom of mostly boys enjoy dressing up her only princess!

Enjoy! I often quote the story of Rav Chaim Shmuelevitz and how he could tap into the simcha parents feel when they buy their children their first pair of shoes.
But don't obsess. It's good for your daughter if things aren't absolutely perfect. Let her pick one or two big things this season. You don't have to let her choose everything, or you can sometimes give her limited choices.
Wishing her and her siblings, and all the imachildren a wonderful and successful year/continuation of the year for our southern hemisphere members!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics