Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please Help Me Feed My Toddler

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:27 pm
I have an almost two year old with a large appetite. Here's the catch: dc will only eat a limited number of foods.

Eggs
Salmon
Cheese
Plain macaroni
Peaches
Blueberries
Tomatoes
A few bites of avocado
A few bites of potato (maybe 3)

That's it!! No cereal, no bread, no rice, no oatmeal, no sweet potatoes, no other fruits or vegetables. No meat or chicken. No cookies or crackers either. DC is hungry so often, but I am worried about feeding so many eggs and slices of cheese. Peaches just aren't very filling and salmon is something we only have on Shabbos.

Does anybody have any suggestion of what else I can offer? This is so frustrating! Out of desperation I do end up going through way too many eggs and slices of cheese! And it's the same few "meals" over and over and over. Usually meals are repeated even within the same day.

ginevraweasley

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 12:01 am
Have you tried canned salmon? You can buy the fancy kind or finely mash the cheaper kind and pick out the bones.

For your own sanity you should try to get him to eat bigger meals instead of snacking all the time!

I'm not a parent yet so sorry I can't be more helpful.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 12:18 am
This may not be much fun to keep up with, but his nutrition doesn't sound bad at all. "Snack" and "meal" are just slang words. They are both mean eating. With his small stomach, he can't hold all he needs at one time, so he eats frequently instead of sporadically.

I don't see any greens on that list. See if he will munch on French-cut microwaved cooled frozen green beans, and celery sticks. He also might like to chew flat parsley, if you don't think it could be choked on. Or lettuce, the darker green the better. He needs B vitamins and iron from that. Iron is in potato skins too, if he will take them; be sure to salt them. That salt might make him eat them. Or dip them in melted cheese.

He IS getting bread. It's just in the form of noodles, macaroni: it's the same material, wheat.

Avocados are nutritious.

See if you can get one-a-day chewable vitamins into him.

As for the eggs and cheese, that all seems fine to me.

I wouldn't make a big deal out of any of it.

Keep an eye on how his appearance, growth, alertness, and activity level. If he seems to be growing well and the pediatrician thinks so too, it's ok. But I am no medic. Check with the ped.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics