Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Should I buy a double stroller?

Shoelover

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 4:44 pm
Would you buy a double stroller if your kids are 4 years apart? 4 yr old now sometimes still goes in stroller (vacation, shabbos etc) tho might be fine on a buggy board for most of those situations. I am buying a new stroller regardless. Should I buy a single and a junky double or a single that can have another seat added.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:26 pm
I would not. You can get much better strollers in single, doubles are always heavier and you will want your one baby alone in the stroller a lot longer than the big one will need to ride along. I would recommend a single with a buggy board, and when your older one really needs to sit put the baby in a carrier. By the time the baby is too big for the carrier, the older one will be too big to NEED a stroller ride.

lizard8

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 10:30 pm
Cheap doubles are really annoying to push. I would get a stroller that can have a second seat attachment, or one with buggy board option.

Shoelover

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:01 am
The strollers that have an option to add a second seat, is it a pain to do that? And can I still bump it up steps?

Smile1234

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:18 am
Shoelover wrote:
The strollers that have an option to add a second seat, is it a pain to do that? And can I still bump it up steps?

The ones I've seen - Uppababy and City Select - cannot be bumped up steps with the 2nd kid sitting in it. Maybe someone who has one can verify that.

Tehila1

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 11:29 am
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I've seen strollers with instead of a buggy board attachment, has something that looks like a buggy board but the child sits inside it- a sort of seat. Not sure for what age it is used for and would not know where to get it either.

yamz

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 12:30 pm
IMO, a double stroller will be more headache than it's worth. Don't you want to transition your four year old out of a stroller? That will be a lot harder to do if the seat is just sitting there, waiting for an occupant. Double strollers are either very pricey, very bulky, or both and unless you are having another baby right away, it's just going to take up a lot of room and will be used for a relatively short amount of time. I agree with the others, just get a buggy board you can pop on when you feel it's necessary.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:52 pm
Tehila1 wrote:
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I've seen strollers with instead of a buggy board attachment, has something that looks like a buggy board but the child sits inside it- a sort of seat. Not sure for what age it is used for and would not know where to get it either.

The bugaboo ride-on board has that. The seat is removable to turn it into a regular standing board. Don't know anything other than the bugaboo that has that. But really unless OP's child has some kind of special needs that make walking extra difficult, it's time to just wean off the stroller. Wearing the baby at first in a carrier will give you extra time, but best solution is probably to do it now before it gets personal.

teddyb

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:34 pm
what about a sit n stand? smaller then a full double usually but has a seat/standing spot for an older child and not very expensive- should be able to find one for $100-150. some are smaller then others- I think this is one of the more compact ones http://www.toysrus.com/product.....:TRUS

Shoelover

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 8:38 am
I think I'm just gonna get a new single w a buggy board and for that once in a blue that he needs a stroller I'll take two singles
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics