Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Job opportunities

amother

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 10:24 pm
Hi! I am looking for job opportunities to supplement my income. I am looking for a part time job from home- I have more hours available on Sundays and 2 hours available Mon-Thurs. Do you know of any leads? The job does not have to correlate to my education, but I am including it if it will be helpful. I have a Masters in Spec. ED and regular ed birth through grade 6, and am in the process of getting NYS certification.
Thank you so much!

lkwdlady

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 10:32 pm
It sounds like you could be a great tutor. Tutors get paid a high hourly rate and you can have the students come to your home.

runninglate

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 10:47 pm
Where are you located? If you're in Brooklyn, and available after school hours, there should be plenty of p3 cases available.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 10:51 pm
OP- I would love to tutor! Any leads? I live in Boro park and cannot do P3 as I work in a public school, and I do not have NYS certification yet. Keep the ideas coming! Smile

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 2:05 pm
advertise in a local magazine or hang up some signs. You can also call a few schools and give them your name/number. These days parents are busy and are willing to pay someone to do homework with their kids.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:59 pm
BUMP! Any other ideas? The job can be over the computer etc Smile

beebird

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:29 pm
Try the jobs part of ConnectionsAcademy.com. They have a PRN (on call) job for a speech/language pathologist. You didn't say what your special ed background is; is that a match? Check them out anyway. They have lots of education-related work from anywhere jobs.

Hatzlacha rabba!

Devorah Leah

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:30 pm
You can apply to Tutor.com. The pay is not great but you can choose your own hours and work in your pajamas if you want.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 7:14 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
You can apply to Tutor.com. The pay is not great but you can choose your own hours and work in your pajamas if you want.

How much is the not-great pay and have you gotten jobs through there? Is it easy to get cases? Wondering if this is actually a viable source of supplementary income.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:32 am
BUMP

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
How much is the not-great pay and have you gotten jobs through there? Is it easy to get cases? Wondering if this is actually a viable source of supplementary income.

Sorry, I just saw this now that it was bumped up! It doesn't work like that. You don't get "cases." It is random; you sign in and when there is a student waiting, they get connected to a tutor. If a student likes you they can request to work with you again, but mostly it is just whoever is online and available. It's mostly homework help. You can PM me for more info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers