Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher vacation at a European coast

baba

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 5:34 am
I'm need some vacation planning help.

We want to go away for a few days to relax. We live in Europe, so travel time should be fine. I don't want to spend most of my time cooking, but we're not too picky. If there's just one decent place to eat, that's fine.

We're looking into Capri, Malta or one of the Greek islands. Capri and Malta seem to both have a kosher restaurant in a hotel and the kosher restuarant in Athens sends meals anywhere in Greece.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these?

Any other recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by baba on Fri, Aug 21 2015, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 5:41 am
There is also Nice, Malaga, Gibraltar.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 6:33 am
We were just in capri and had an amazing time!!! We rented an apartment a two minute walk from the kosher hotel and ate dinners and shabbos there. We made our own breakfasts and lunches. We were there for three days and it was a good amount, we were able to do pretty much everything. We went to the beach, visited most of the sites and views, did a boat tour, went window shopping, went to an outdoor concert... Was really fun.

baba

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 6:58 am
amother wrote:
We were just in capri and had an amazing time!!! We rented an apartment a two minute walk from the kosher hotel and ate dinners and shabbos there. We made our own breakfasts and lunches. We were there for three days and it was a good amount, we were able to do pretty much everything. We went to the beach, visited most of the sites and views, did a boat tour, went window shopping, went to an outdoor concert... Was really fun.

Thanks!
Would you say that going longer is a waste? We might be able to get 6 days off.
Also, did you book meals in advance or could you just go there.
Do you by any chance have a link to the apartment?

thanks

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Aug 21 2015, 11:51 am
baba wrote:
Thanks!
Would you say that going longer is a waste? We might be able to get 6 days off.
Also, did you book meals in advance or could you just go there.
Do you by any chance have a link to the apartment?

thanks

We also had six days. We flew into rome first, spent a day there, then took train to naples (hour away) and ferry from naples to capri- that's the only way to get there. We spent three days in capri then went back to rome and spent the last day there. But if you want to stay around capri the whole time there are day trips to sorrento and positano, the Amalfi coast... We didn't do that but you can look into it.
We emailed the hotel to let them know we were coming, I don't know if you have to but we wanted to make sure. They had like 30 ppl on shabbos, it was really nice.
This is where we stayed, it was perfect!
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hot......html

The caretaker was a vegan and brought us beautiful platters of fresh fruits and vegetables every morning.
I don't know if they'll have any room but you can try! We stayed in the suite mare.

baba

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 3:15 pm
Thanks amother,
that was really helpful!
I'm looking into it.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 1:39 pm
I was about to say Costa del Sol, more specifically Marbella, Torremolinos, Gib. Not specifically kosher hotels but enough supermarkets/delis/restaurants. As for how many days to spend, my rule of thumb is 1 day per each hour of travel time. Also the first day and the last day would be spent on transport to/from destination.

Cyprus also has a Chabad. I have a jewish friend who lives there, though I have not been there as a tourist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics