Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Cost of touring with a guide

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:16 am
Family of 8 going to Israel this Sukkos. I have only been to Israel one time and my DH has never been. I'm trying to arrange for a guide with a van to show us around. I'm surprised that the cost per day is a little over $1000. Am I missing something? Any suggestions on where to go for a better deal?

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:12 am
Succos is an expensive time to go. Don't know if that price is reasonable, but yes, it is a high demand season. Also car rental and gas is expensive, much more than in America.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 12:20 pm
Tour guides here are costly. To get a license as a guide, one must earn roughly the equivalent of an associate's degree in a special guiding course.

Would you consider renting a van and driving yourselves, and taking guided tours at specific locations? Where in Israel are you visiting?

EBY

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 3:29 pm
I have an excellent heimish guide who is GREAT with kids. If you can provide your own transportation, he charges $250 per day. I would recommend looking into renting a van from shlomo sixt https://en.shlomo.co.il/ . They are very reasonable. If you want a driver, it will be more but I would definitely recommend talking to my guy as his prices are more reasonable and he is really top notch. Feel free to PM me for contact info Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions