Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Double wall oven

perquacky

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 5:04 pm
If you've purchased a double wall oven in the last year or two, what did you buy and are you happy with it? Make and model number would really be appreciated, but I'll settle for brand name. Very Happy

There are so many to choose from. Consumer Reports says one thing. Another site says another.

TIA!

curlytop

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:18 pm
I have a GE electric double wall oven I purchased about 6 years ago Very happy with it bh

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:18 pm
We have the Shabbos mode kitchenaid, but we bought it along time ago- my one piece of advice is to make sure who ever installs it reads the manual- really reads I. It must be installed with space between the wall an its back otherwise, when you use the self clean mode it will short circuit because of the heat build up and it is expensive to replace that part . Speaking from experience. . Now I have to clean my oven the old fashioned way. Good ol' elbow grease.

perquacky

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 11:53 am
We have a Kitchen Aid now (probably about 20 years old), and yes, we've had the problem with it short-circuiting when we use the self-cleaning mode. It has made preparing for Pesach much more difficult.
The company may have solved the issue by now, but I'm still not sure I'd be comfortable buying one.
I'll look into GE.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen