Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When do they start needing toys?

muss

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 12:18 pm
My dd is 3.5 months and she just seems very bored and possibly needs something to do/ look at. Just wondering when do you get toys for your baby and what kind of things do you get?

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 12:24 pm
4-6 months

teethers and more teethers
stacking toys
stuffed animals
soft , plush books
little plastic cars
anything bright and colorful is interesting although even a plastic cup can hold their attention at that age.

jewish613

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 12:36 pm
You can try a mobile as something interesting to look at. It will help her with visual tracking as the toys move around slowly.

She may enjoy a soft toy that is easy to grasp that makes noise when she moves it.

In general I try to get toys that will grow with the kid--ones that are multifunctional that they will enjoy using for a few months or even years...

Don't forget to give her some tummy time each day. You can get down on the floor with her as she probably will enjoy looking at your face as much as any toy Wink

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:46 pm
http://www.babycenter.com/0_ag....._5.bc

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:48 pm
A mat with an overhead mobile is great at that age. Plush toys, things she can chew on and make noise. Mirrors. Board books for you to read to her.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 2:05 pm
I hang up toys on the car seat & put the mobile by 3-4 weeks. Gives them what to look at.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 2:10 pm
Crib mobile from DAY ONE.

The safe legal kind. Nothing that can be pulled off and swallowed, all those safety regs and all.

SURE she needs stuff to think about. Have you ever been at the motor vehicle department with nothing to read, not even a store flyer on the next seat? Nothing at all? ARRRRGHHHHH

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 3:15 pm
toys are always good. mobiles from the newborn stage, and once they discover their hands they can play with teethers and rattles. get a floor mat, too. those with toys hanging from on top are great at that age.

Volunteer

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 3:26 pm
Babies all like different things. Mine loves cardboard and cloth books, plastic keys, rattles, soft toys, etc. Sometimes I'll buy something thinking he'll like it, but he's not so enthusiastic. I just put it away, and reintroduce it later. Often he finds it more interesting in a few weeks.
The brand lamaze makes some well- designed toys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics