Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Side-by-side separate fridge and freezer

perquacky

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 12:09 pm
Our kitchen isn't very wide, but it's pretty long. Rather than buy a refrigerator/freezer that sticks out beyond the counters (counter-depth isn't large enough for our family), we were thinking of buying a separate side-by-size free-standing fridge and freezer. Together they're wider than a combo fridge/freezer, but they're both counter-depth, the same dimensions, and you can buy a kit that holds them together so they look like one unit.

Online, the photos look great. But I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done this in their kitchen. Anyone?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 3:39 pm
DD and DS both have that in their kitchens -- they have 2 36" units. They are both happy with it.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 5:38 pm
I also have the same setup with separate side by side fridge freezer. Very happy with it, ours have matching doors that you can designate hinges on right or left side, so they look like a single unit . If you're tight on depth, get the Fridge without the ice /water dispensers.

Posting anonymously cuz I discussed this with friends IRL.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:20 pm
I have the same system. Get the kit because my friend got the fridge/freezer without the kit and it doesn't look a nice.

Another option might be the fridge/freezer draws that stress built into the cabinets. I had them in my old house and loved them. You can't even tell where the fridge or freezer are.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:55 pm
I have a fridgidaire one with a trI'm kit on it and I am verY happy with it.

Justlookup

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:12 pm
Can you link me to this product? Sounds very interesting and I'm in the market for a new fridge/freezer, need a big one...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen