Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Some stories are hard to believe. Sound familiar?
1  2  Next

blueberries

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 4:06 pm
http://www.vice.com/read/the-g.....v20n8

Documentary
http://www.vice.com/video/ghos.....art-1

Warning: Not for the faint of heart

elisheva25

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 5:07 pm
Yes, I read about this last year. It's incredible how much evil exists in the world!!

sneakermom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 5:17 pm
Sounds eerily similar to what's going on in the isreali gans.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:25 pm
Not just stories themselves, but also the fact that these women were completely sheltered so they just couldn't piece the pieces together .

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:57 pm
Horrible! Where are the men of these families at night? Also drugged?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:21 pm
OMG just saw the video part, they raped the women as their husbands slept next to them.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:13 pm
Horrific.

So if this is happening in gans, why is there no trace of it on any security camera?

Tablepoetry

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 12:55 am
Again, though, it seems that circumstances allowed this to go on so long (like in the gan thread). This community has no electricity, the place is pitch black at night, they refuse to put in video surveillance....they were overcome with shame and kept it under wraps, even believing the assaults to be the work of the devil himself....they did not turn to the police until AFTER they had caught the rapists.
And, interestingly enough, although the community believed that the perpetrators were from 'outside', even from out of our spiritual realm, in the end they were members of the community themselves, including at least one brother who raped his own sister.

Tablepoetry

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:13 am
Also...it seems the assaults are continuing. Some guys are still on the loose. They interviewed one man who said they will just have to wait to catch him. Because video surveillance is against their religion..

ora_43

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 5:11 am
Tablepoetry wrote:
And, interestingly enough, although the community believed that the perpetrators were from 'outside', even from out of our spiritual realm, in the end they were members of the community themselves, including at least one brother who raped his own sister.

This. Also, they thought it was some crazy demonic thing, when it was actually the work of a group of nine men.

ora_43

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:24 am
sneakermom wrote:
Sounds eerily similar to what's going on in the isreali gans.

It sounds similar in two ways two the story people are telling on the other thread - drugs were used to commit s-x crimes, and an unusually large number of rapists were working together.

OTOH, it's different in pretty much every other aspect than the explanation being suggested re: the Jerusalem situation: no non-rapists were acting as accomplices, there were no religious/cult aspects, it was not highly organized, the attackers targeted members of their own community, it was "regular" rape and assault with no elements of torture, there were fewer than ten people involved, there was no cover-up/gross incompentence by police or other authorities.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:59 am
ora_43 wrote:
It sounds similar in two ways two the story people are telling on the other thread - drugs were used to commit s-x crimes, and an unusually large number of rapists were working together.

OTOH, it's different in pretty much every other aspect than the explanation being suggested re: the Jerusalem situation: no non-rapists were acting as accomplices, there were no religious/cult aspects, it was not highly organized, the attackers targeted members of their own community, it was "regular" rape and assault with no elements of torture, there were fewer than ten people involved, there was no cover-up/gross incompentence by police or other authorities.

That's why I am inclined to believe the horrific basics of the situation in Jerusalem, but I'm still counting on some better explanation for some of the mysterious details.

Laiya

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 7:13 am
The main difference being that in Yerushalayim the claim is of a large, organized, secret cult, comprised of people from outside the community, yet uses many, many people from inside the community, who are all complicit and none of whom have gone to police or told anyone else, and that targets young children for ritualistic abuse.

To me, this is very highly improbable.

mommy321

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 10:38 am
Laiya wrote:
The main difference being that in Yerushalayim the claim is of a large, organized, secret cult, comprised of people from outside the community, yet uses many, many people from inside the community, who are all complicit and none of whom have gone to police or told anyone else, and that targets young children for ritualistic abuse.

To me, this is very highly improbable.

If you knew about yerushalmi culture, you'd believe a lot more. They work in seemingly every chinuch institution, and they don't go to the police. And so many (even non yerushalmi) rebbeim, mosdos, and community members have what to hide from the police and the municipality, that they aren't running to them either, even if kids they don't know are affected. They feel like their own kids come first. Therefore they can't go to jail, or quit their job, so the only option left is to protect or work with the wrong people.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:15 pm
mommy321 wrote:
If you knew about yerushalmi culture, you'd believe a lot more. They work in seemingly every chinuch institution, and they don't go to the police. And so many (even non yerushalmi) rebbeim, mosdos, and community members have what to hide from the police and the municipality, that they aren't running to them either, even if kids they don't know are affected. They feel like their own kids come first. Therefore they can't go to jail, or quit their job, so the only option left is to protect or work with the wrong people.

If that's really so, Ierusalem delenda est.

Laiya

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:35 pm
mommy321 wrote:

Wow, you're alleging that the teachers of tinokos shel beis rabban, while teaching Torah and alef beis in our holiest city, are either complicit or knowingly turning a blind eye to the horrific abuse of the young children under their watch??

I am a cynic, but this I do not believe.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 1:41 pm
This all sounds mysterious, except for the fact that the Mennonite colony had a long standing culture of s-xual abuse of women and incest. I'm going to post the link only since the article has rape and incest triggers.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/l......html

mommy321

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 2:58 pm
Laiya wrote:
Wow, you're alleging that the teachers of tinokos shel beis rabban, while teaching Torah and alef beis in our holiest city, are either complicit or knowingly turning a blind eye to the horrific abuse of the young children under their watch??

I am a cynic, but this I do not believe.

I bench you that this issue never have any relevance in your life and therefore you can continue to not believe it.

singlemom

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:22 pm
OMG this is horrible, crazy!I just hope it's not true....

Laiya

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 6:52 pm
mommy321 wrote:
I bench you that this issue never have any relevance in your life and therefore you can continue to not believe it.

I didn't realize that you were speaking from your own personal experience. I am truly sorry for whatever you've been through.

As I wrote in the other thread, sadly, there are those in our communities who commit crimes and abuse children and I'm sure threaten families.

ETA, and if all this is true, I'll echo Imasoftov's sentiment, we are truly no better than the generations in which the bhm"k was destroyed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics