Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Fraylich vs Class Act Uniforms in Lakewood?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 8:16 am
DD's school's uniforms are carried by both class act and fraylich. Is it all the same stuff for the same price? If not:

Which are better quality?
Which are less expensive?
Which are a softer fabric?

tx

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:10 am
I haven't shopped at Class Act in a while because I found that their sizes were not consistent.
I would have to buy my dd some size five jumper and some size sixes. The shirts were all cut the same but not the skirts and jumpers. I also find that their shirts fade, the Fraylich do not fade and all their pieces are cut exactly the same.

Even now it is so frustrating, I want to use my hand me downs from my older dd for my youngest, and I have to try on all different sizes to give her a full uniform wardrobe. When I try the Fraylich from my oldest dd on my second dd, she only has to try on one shirt and one skirt, if that one fits I know all the other pieces that are that size will fit.

But, they may have changed, like I said, it's been a few years since I shopped there and I haven't gone back.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:30 am
tx!!

any other/more current experiences?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:59 am
For elementary school my girls went to BF and they have their own uniform manufacturer. So my only experience has been with hs and I've gone to Freilich. I seem to recall my SIL telling me the quality was better - that's likely why I went there.

I've found them to be super-helpful and super-nice, every shopping experience there has been pleasant.

I'm passing my 12th grader's skirts down to my 9th grader, and they look brand new, though I did send them to the cleaners rather than machine wash - something I only do for hs girls. DD wore her blouses for 3 years, so by now they are faded and yucky - but I do think that's pretty fair for the wear - so new blouses for both. The sweaters also fade and stretch - I've never found sweaters to last. You win some, you lose some.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:19 am
Do yourself a favor and only deal with Class Act. Everything for both stores is made in one factory in Honduras.

mom24.7

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:23 am
amother wrote:
Do yourself a favor and only deal with Class Act. Everything for both stores is made in one factory in Honduras.

You seem very sure of that, how do you know?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 12:17 pm
DH is in the garment business. He's been to the factory.

jemappelle

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 10:41 pm
have only used fraylich, great service! they were very helpful and accommodating (I had a kid with a full leg cast hobbling that needed to be fit )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics