Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need something better. Please. (parsha books for kids)
1  2  Next

bamamama

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:46 am
I've had it with My First Parsha Reader. I'll elaborate on ways it's awful if anyone wants but I'll post this pic as an example. In any case, is there anything out there for kids that's better?[img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:53 am
Tell Me the Story About the Parsha is awesome. But so very expensive.

bamamama

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:56 am
amother wrote:
$40.99/volume??????????????? Holy smokes. My First Parsha Reader wasn't cheap but it wasn't that bad.

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:11 am
In Hebrew it is so much better. Parsha Mesaperit Li.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:22 am
We love the R. Juravel ones. Such easy reading.

baba

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:26 am
Are any of these less midrash focussed?
We wanted to get some last time we were in Israel, but couldnt find anything decent for a good price.
We really dont want something that's just brings lots of "interesting" midrashim.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:34 am
what about the 613 torah avenue parsha tapes ... I loved them along with my kiddies ...

lech lecha to this land we go - hi ho hi ho hi ho hi ho

what are you saying - what do you mean - green green green

and we still sing the hamalach hagoel song in shema ... good night abba - good night chaim

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:36 am
http://www.eichlers.com/catalo.....ldren

can you do research on-line

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:37 am
http://www.eichlers.com/catalo.....ldren

I guess they're cd's now

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 10:10 am
When I was little I loved The Little Midrash Says series!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Litt.....p;s=1

Jay3fer

Post Tue, Apr 22 2014, 10:30 am
I know this is an old thread, but I'm posting here in case anybody is able to help me. I'm a writer, working on a book about learning parsha with kids, and I'm looking for input from parents, teachers and mechanchim.
I already started a separate thread over here where you can find out more about this project:
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....41933

I basically have 3-4 questions for anyone who's willing to share ideas about learning parsha with kids.

Please contact me if you can participate. Thanks!

Tzivia

Peanut2

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 8:31 pm
Resurrection.

Bamamama can you tell me what you used in the end? And is the parsha reader really so bad and why?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:

Apparently, it's really popular, but I own one or two volumes, and I'm really not so thrilled with it. It's not easy reading, I don't like that it's written in rhyming form, and the binding is terrible- fell apart pretty quickly. It's not all, but I just can't put into words what else I dislike about it. Interested in others' thoughts, and curious why others love it so much

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 12:14 am
Jay3fer wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm posting here in case anybody is able to help me. I'm a writer, working on a book about learning parsha with kids, and I'm looking for input from parents, teachers and mechanchim.
I already started a separate thread over here where you can find out more about this project:
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....41933

I basically have 3-4 questions for anyone who's willing to share ideas about learning parsha with kids.

Please contact me if you can participate. Thanks!

Tzivia

Anything ever come of this?

sky

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 9:31 am
We have the Tell Me the Story About the Parsha series.
In past reviews I've said I'm not thrilled with the text. The grammar is bad. there are loads of mistakes.
But we still love the pictures, and the story line helps me enough. I end up changing it a bit.
We did rebind most of them (we also have for Pesach, Purim...) but most of our books have required rebinding.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 28 2015, 10:14 am
We bought the Tell Me the Story About the Parsha set for Chanukah. Very expensive but we enjoy it.
I don't love certain aspects of it and sometimes roll my eyes, but it's the best on the market and more importantly, the kids love it.
We have the Little Medrash Says at home from when I was a child and I just don't like it for my kids.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:56 pm
Bump. Anything new now?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:18 pm
Not brand new but did you see this? http://www.feldheim.com/the-fa......html They go into Shemos. Each parasha has a summary, story, cartoon, recipe and they're beautifully illustrated.

P.S. Just saw the OP. Bamamama, hope you're doing well!

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:38 pm
That actually looks really nice! I just hate that it seems like all the parsha books are so expensive Sad This one is $25 and only takes you through a little over a month?!! If it's a steady pattern then you need $250 to get through a year of shabbos reading, and then you don't even want to use the same one every year or at least not too many years in a row. As much as these books seem to be works of art, I'd rather settle for less colorful and be able to actually afford it.

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 9:56 am
Bump. Anything new out for 5 year old?
It would make a nice channukah present. I heard 613 came out with a really nice book, but since Shemos is around the corner I prefer to get something on Shemos.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics