Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Mill basin

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 12:21 pm
looking to move to a place where I get more land. Just wondering what kind of community lives in mill basin. Is it really modern? is it ashkenazi? is it a "growing" community? the prices for the houses are comparable to marine park but nicer and larger. any feedback?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 6:53 pm
The Mill Basin community has about 7 synagogues, has ashkenazi, sepharadi , yemenite and a chabad shul, so it's pretty diverse.
There are many israelis everywhere,there is a makolet that is great, there is one jewish school( crown heights yeshiva) and a hebrew charter school is also opening soon in the neighborhood.
There is a modern crowd but you'll also find a more black hat crowd as well.
Also there is a pizza place, Dagan's which is really good and a Joseph's Burger just across from the park.
It's a growing community and it's also a very nice neighborhood, it's pretty calm and safe around here.

nicole81

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 7:02 pm
It's definitely more left leaning on average but there's a spectrum... I'd say it's growing in the sense that people are finding out about it more and moving in, but honestly I hope it doesn't grow too much because I think the diversity is part of the appeal of the neighborhood. Aside from the above information, there's also a Friday night mikvah and currently a full time mikvah in the works. Aside from crown heights yeshiva, kids from the neighborhood also attend Shulamith, derech, ppy, lby, chofetz chaim, a smattering of 5t schools, and others. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions.

Fiveboyz

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:20 pm
I hear you Nicole. I live here for almost 20 years and I just wouldn't take a castle or mansion in Flatbush or elsewhere. This is Brooklyn's best kept secret and when girls from Flatbush turn their noses up..."eewww isn't that neighborhood changing ?״ I say yes definitely it doesn't pay to move here!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:54 pm
I know of a few families with kids who moved out recently. Their kids attended mainstream schools but did not have neighborhood friends close by. The bussing was always an issue to schools and especially camps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating