Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can you please recommend a great baby carrier?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 2:30 pm
One that divides the weight evenly.

Miri7

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 2:32 pm
For infants I used a wrap like the Moby that we bought in Israel. I liked the Ergo for bigger babies. The ergo has lasted through several kids.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 2:53 pm
I really like the Ergo, use it every day and am happy with it. Some friends have the Catbird by Piccolo and prefer it to the Ergo

Sara255

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 3:21 pm
I love my classic baby Bjorn. Really comfortable. Worth every penny

little_mage

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 3:39 pm
I have an Oh Mei: http://www.babyhawk.com/design-an-oh-mei/. I really like it, and can still use it reasonably comfortably with my four year old.

pond user

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 3:51 pm
Ergo 360 is amazing. Can carry newborn infant right up to small child. It can also be worn on your back and side and has excellent back support. Not cheap though..
Having said that I preferred the moby wrap when my LO was really tiny.

Nicole

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 5:52 pm
little_mage wrote:
I have an Oh Mei: http://www.babyhawk.com/design-an-oh-mei/. I really like it, and can still use it reasonably comfortably with my four year old.

Here's another vote for the baby hawk mei tai. It's a little pricey but I bought one used and really like it.

Happy18

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 6:39 pm
Very happy with the ergo. Used a ktan with a newborn it felt a lot like the moby but very secure.

spring13

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 7:01 pm
Catbird Baby Pikkolo!

It's thoroughly awesome.

Volunteer

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 7:53 pm
Sara255 wrote:
I love my classic baby Bjorn. Really comfortable. Worth every penny

Me too. I tried a few carriers to find one that my baby likes, and the baby Bjorn was the one.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 8:17 pm
I also used a Baby K'tan and liked it very much. I was scared of tying and knots, and baby felt very secure it in. I used it through young toddler with a very heavy baby.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 8:18 pm
Volunteer wrote:
Me too. I tried a few carriers to find one that my baby likes, and the baby Bjorn was the one.

I found that Baby Bjorn hurt my back very badly. I own one, and wouldn't mind selling it to someone who is interested.

little_mage

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 8:52 pm
Nicole wrote:
Here's another vote for the baby hawk mei tai. It's a little pricey but I bought one used and really like it.

Actually, I have both a Babyhawk Mei Tai and an Oh Mei (which is their half buckle). I tend to prefer the Oh Mei because the waist straps on the mei tai aren't padded, so I don't find the waist as supportive.

bwaybabe85

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 9:00 pm
Ergo 360! I have a bad back and have no trouble carrying my 20 pound baby up and down 7 flights of stairs on Shabbos in the carrier.

baschabad

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 9:38 pm
I have a friend who has a lot of carriers and her new favorites are Tula and Kinderpak. She says it's worth the price.
I currently love my Moby but I'm looking into either an Ergo or MobyGo.

gande

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 11:00 pm
Another vote for the baby ktan, especialy if you are petite.

AlwaysThinking

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 3:04 am
Baby Bjorns and other 'non-ergonomic' carriers tend to hurt the shoulders once baby gets bigger. (I can't wear my 10kg toddler for more than 10 minutes) They also don't hold baby's legs and hips in an optimal position. Especially not great for boys as they put a lot of pressure on their diaper area.

Babygearlab recently did a test: http://www.babygearlab.com/Best-Baby-Carrier

Personally, I've heard incredible things about the Tula. And the Ergo (Assuming their 360 is even better). Also the Lillebaby.

I have an Ergo, and I can wear my son for over 2 hours without any discomfort at all.

For newborns, I like the Ktan. But if you have a sensitive back, it too pulls on the shoulders a lot. I also found it fiddly to get baby into after 5 months.

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 10:22 pm
The baby ktan is great and cozy, my son loves it! Falls asleep always In it! However I find that as a newborn his head wasn't fully supportrd, the ergo I just borrowed for a vacation and I loved it!

Jewishmofm

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 11:09 pm
Target brand cheap Mei tai. Love! Discovered with #4, bought another with #5 and wore them together on occasion. I would wear one, my husband the other when hiking. #6 couldn't put pressure on bottom due to surgeries, so only started with hI'm as a toddler. Still use both when hiking- for 2 year old and four year old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics