Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
BA in TTI- what tests to take?

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:06 pm
Im going for a bachelors in TTI. Just starting off now... My advisor said that the easiest test to start off with are jewish music, tefila, and moadim. Anyone knows what info these tests cover, and how easy/hard they are?

harriet

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:16 pm
Doesn't your advisor have that information for you?

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:51 pm
yes, but they give very general info, and she said that most tests aren't hard, and they are easier than HS regents. I dont really trust her on that

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 4:25 pm
anyone knows what jewish music test is like?

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:04 pm
Can I ask, does this program involve any regular classes or just test taking?
And what benefit does taking a test in Jewish music add to your degree? Are you getting a performing arts degree?

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:20 pm
Maya wrote:
Can I ask, does this program involve any regular classes or just test taking?
And what benefit does taking a test in Jewish music add to your degree? Are you getting a performing arts degree?

She probably has many credits to play around with so she may as well take easy courses (for electives).

I almost completed my degree at a "regular college", after my Cores and classes for my double major and I still had almost 30 credits to play around with.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:38 pm
cnc wrote:
She probably has many credits to play around with so she may as well take easy courses (for electives).

I almost completed my degree at a "regular college", after my Cores and classes for my double major and I still had almost 30 credits to play around with.

What you did doesn't matter to me. I'm asking her because I want to know how the TTI program works. That's all.

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:43 pm
Maya wrote:
What you did doesn't matter to me. I'm asking her because I want to know how the TTI program works. That's all.

Sorry. I was responding to your specific question about the Jewish music CLEP.

Eta: meaning that that test does not necessarily have a benefit to her degree but she needs credits anyways so she may as well take easy courses.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:45 pm
cnc wrote:
Sorry. I was responding to your specific question about the Jewish music CLEP.

Yes. Sorry. I guess I'm bewildered as to why it's an available course to begin with, unless the degree is in the performing arts.

fluffernutter

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:48 pm
The Jewish music one must be new since I didn't know it existed. What is it on?

The tests are not too hard. It also depends on your background. For someone who went to BY: Moadim is mostly stuff you know. Maybe a bit you don't so look over the booklet first. Tefilla I found a bit harder, but also not too challenging. I think Ivrit was good - it was an easy 9 credits. You have to speak a more fluent Hebrew for the 12 but the first 6 don't require much and the next 3 are a bit more challenging...

PM me if you have more questions.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 5:57 pm
Maya wrote:
Yes. Sorry. I guess I'm bewildered as to why it's an available course to begin with, unless the degree is in the performing arts.

Many people in standard 4 year colleges take "random elective courses" as well. A biology major may decide to take one year of Japanese or even an art or fencing elective. It may be a part of the core requirements, or may just be apart of the extra electives to fill up the 120 credit requirement.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 6:08 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Many people in standard 4 year colleges take "random elective courses" as well. A biology major may decide to take one year of Japanese or even an art or fencing elective. It may be a part of the core requirements, or may just be apart of the extra electives to fill up the 120 credit requirement.

I know that. I have a college degree. But Jewish music?

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 7:56 pm
Thanks e/o for your replys. If anyone has more info on any particular tests, as in which ones are easy and which ones not to bother trying for, please let me know.
To those who asked: None of the tests are cleps. they have a combo of JSEs, Dante tests, Uexel, and Coopersmiths. They do offer classes for the english subjects in their tti direct program, but most ppl dont do it that way.

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:03 pm
Hi op, you can take Chumash advanced, jewish history, Shmiras Halashon, Brachos, lashon hakodesh

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:24 pm
ive heard that chumash advanced and jewish history are from the harder tests. are they? this is all so confusing to me now.

amazingmommy

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:43 pm
Could be, I did it a while ago, and h the history was either that or the Clep so I chose Jewish,

malkaf

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 11:47 am
Just warning you that if you ever plan to live and work in Israel, both Misrad HaBriut and Misrad HaChinuch generally do not accept TTI credits. They are considered a joke there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics