Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Looking for a kabbalist to speak to

rimon613

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:55 pm
My friend is very overwhelmed with her life with family problems and not being able to find her zivug and she wants to talk to a kabbalist so he could tell her why she isn't able to find her zivug. If any of you know any real kosher kabbalist that she could call and speak to them please PM me. Thankyou very much.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:02 pm
There is no such a thing as a real kosher kabbalist. No one, and that means absolutely no one in this world, can tell a person why certain things are happening to him or her.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:34 pm
Maya, I like your outspokenness style. Sometimes you really spice it . You make it entertaining so I thank you for that. Back to the question here, how would you know with such certainty that there is no kosher kabbelist. Could be that you don't know of someone, maybe?

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:41 pm
Don't we believe in a G-d, one that runs the world by Himself and has not given anyone else the power to know His cheshbonos? Then what's your question, if not apikorsus?

Ashrei

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:55 pm
We think some people have some more insight... maybe more like spiritual guide.
There is no more prophesy so there's a limit to how accurate this stuff could be I suppose.

shoshana2

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 10:09 pm
I can tell you first hand that anything any kabbalist ever told me was of zero practical use and was a total waste of time and resources. I have been through major life challenges over the past 10 years and out of desperation I have spoken to highly recommended kabbalists both here and in Israel.
They may have known things that no one else knew but the information always proved to be irrelevant in helping my situation. Emunah peshuta and listening to Daas Torah was what saved me in the end.
Going to a kabbalist is like saying to Hashem "I don't trust the path You have put me on in life and I need to find out for myself where I am headed."
Life challenges are sent to us to test our emunah. Strengthening our emunah is the best way to survive the worst circumstances.
I went to kabbalists because I was looking for shortcuts to peace of mind rather than focusing on working on my emunah which was much harder work.
I learned that shortcuts don't work.

sped

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 3:48 am
Rav Hillel in Yerushalayim is a known, "real" kabbalist. he is considered the greatest and teaches many/most of the other great ones.
That said, he is against going to a mekubal for thigs like that and says that a real mekubal: 1) Is known first for his Torah learning and tzidkus and then far kabbalah and 2) be suspicious of anyone who asks for lots of money.
(The time I went to a mekubal who is no longer alive, when I wanted to give him money, he pointed to a closed pushka-type of box and I put it in there. He had no idea how much I had put in.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 12:03 pm
It seems to me that even if kabbalah is the Operator's Manual for the universe, when it's used like this, someone may be confused about the identity of the Operator.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 2:08 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics