Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best silver polish

iamamother

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 12:30 pm
which is the best silver polish? the one I have been using just doesnt do a good job and it barley lasts... the reason y I have been using it is because it doesnt have that horrific smell like tarni shield... anyone use one thats good and that doesnt smell so bad?

kb

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 2:23 pm
I don't know if this is the best, but we use it and it works.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2713.....h=sem

I think that the polish lasting has less to do with the polish used, and more to do with the environment (ie, my candlesticks tarnish faster in the winter because of the heating)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 2:26 pm
I use maas silver polish. It does a gleaming job, and a little goes a very long way.

sourstix

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 2:46 pm
I use hagerty. it doesnt smell that bad. it does a beautiful job. if I put the silver back in closet right after shabbos then it last a couple of weeks other than that it tarnishes faster if its out all week. I would love it to last longer but I dont know if theres a real way for that.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 3:18 pm
I recently bought very expensive sterling leichter from Hadad in Yerushalayim and the woman in the story told me to only use Haggerty polish. I'm sure others are good, but her recommendation is significant (so happens I've always used Haggerty anyways).

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 3:50 pm
Hagerty silver foam very user friendly comes out sparkling, doesn't last as long as tarni shield but easier to use and not stinky.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry