Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cyanotic breath-holding spells
Previous  1  2

sped

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:54 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
It's not really in our budget.
I offered to do it for short term till she is used to it but there is no way we can pay a full assistant's salary.
She is really advanced for her age and does not need full time one on one help.
[they even moved her up to the class 6 months older than her b/c developmentally she is way ahead ].

I did not mean that you pay the assistant. I meant the maon should take care of it. The child with the allergy's assistant is most likely not paid by the parents. Have the maon request a 1:1 for your daughter too.
(Even if you need to do it, it will take time and by then the will see that she doesn't need it anymore.)

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:00 pm
My dd5 still does that when she's tired and gets hurt. Since I know it's just how she is, I sit or lay her on the floor until she recovers and starts crying normally.
As a baby, everyone else would get scared as she arched her back, clenched her fists and teeth, stopped breathing and turn bluish. She would then totally relax and go limp. Then breath in really deeply and either start crying or go on as normal totally forgetting that she had gotten bumped or upset.

I wish I could give you a solution. I see what they did to you as wrong and lazy. It only takes a couple minutes at the most to get through this. It's not everyday, and much less intrusive than a colicky baby.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 3:10 pm
Update: we sat with the maon and they are giving her another chance. They want us to start slowly 2 hours/3/4,etc. .
They don't sound like they will tolerate it happening again but we will fight that battle when we get to it and/ or switch gannim.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics