Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Iriya gan scandal
  Previous  1  2  3 36  37  38 39  40  41  Next

black sheep

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:12 pm
sneakermom wrote:
If what happened in nahalot was true but never proven than that's beyond sad. It invalidated the victims and provided fertile ground for the abuse to sprout again in the next neighborhood.

It does seem to occur in very close minded communities that don't trust the police. That keep quiet.

But one thing doesn't make sense. That there isn't a shred of evidence. Not a shred. In both cases. Nahalot and here. And that is disconcerting.

what happened in nachalot is true, and some pedophiles were convicted. but they didn't catch the whole "ring" or whatever it is, and the perps moved on to other neighborhoods.

and just because we have not seen physical evidence here online doesn't mean there isn't any.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:20 pm
delete

Sadie

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:30 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
We certainly are in agreement. Hundreds of books and papers have been written about the McMartin trial and some of the more interesting academic papers address mass hysteria.

At the time of McMartin I was married to a criminal defense atny who was peripherally involved in the case. As a consequence I was able to attend portions of the many trials over the 7 years.

That's fascinating. What did you think of it all at the time? Do you think anything different in hindsight?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:11 pm
Sanguine, you must have missed babyblue and linen's posts where they clearly wrote that they went to the police who were not helpful. I believe linen had a long post where the child's dr refused to be involved.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:17 pm
This thread is simply a microcosm of the entire situation. A few anonymous people make fantastic allegations with no supporting evidence and more holes than Swiss cheese, and everything spins out of control, with outlandish stories of satanic cults, secret doors, children being smuggled out of gans in boxes, gannenets all over the city being bribed or threatened, beheaded cats, the Vatican, you name it.

No, I can't *prove* that it *didn't* happen.
We can't *prove* Elizabeth Proctor wasn't a witch either.

black sheep

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:28 pm
dr mom, just because something is hard to believe doesn't mean it isn't happening.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:32 pm
I'm a new aMother. Been reading this entire thread . Absolutely horrified to hear what's happening and so thankful that we no longer live in Yerushaliam.

I don't understand - did Shana say that this isn't happening ? Only 'regular' child abuse that happens everywhere ?
Is this what all the women here who spoke with Her understood?

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:38 pm
According to parents of victims, Shana has only known about this for a few months. Just saying, even if she is very nice and helpful, she might not be The Expert over here...

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:39 pm
Shana is a newcomer to this situation. She's graciously offered to help. Why is everyone assuming she is the authority on any of this?

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:44 pm
black sheep wrote:
dr mom, just because something is hard to believe doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Of course. But if you want anyone to believe a very outlandish story, you should being some proof in to the picture.

I can assert that I think the abuse is being carried out by shape-shifting aliens who assume the guise of gannenot, and then kidnap children and probe them in their flying saucer that hovers discreetly behind the shrubbery in Independence Park.

Really!!!

Why has nobody reported ever seeing the flying saucer.? Surely the groundskeepers in the park must have spotted it? Ah, yes, but the aliens blast them with neural-remapping memory-erasing ray guns, so they don't remember seeing the space ship. And they re-sod the grass every week so the burn marks from the engine don't leave a mark in the lawn.

Hey, it may be true.

Oops -- I should have posted as amother just to make this even less believable.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 3:59 pm
funnyface wrote:
According to parents of victims, Shana has only known about this for a few months. Just saying, even if she is very nice and helpful, she might not be The Expert over here...

I spoke to one of The Experts mentioned much farther up in this thread, Chevy Lapin. She was very nice and talked to me for a while but she had very little information. She is a speech therapist and together with a few other speech therapists adn an occupational therapist they are doing therapy with some of these kids. She couldn't say how many kids we are talking about or where or when this is happening. She said we just don't know, it's hard to know. She also didn't know of any psychologists or social workers or doctors or therapists except for the group of speech and OTs that is workign with these kids. Does anyone have a name of a licensed mental health professional who is working directly with any of these kids who can confirm what's going on? If there are so many kids involved wouldn't they be spread out among a lot of different therapists and some would be going to psychologists and social workers and not just to these speech and ots?

black sheep

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:11 pm
Dr mom, are you referring specifically to the satanic cult allegation?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:12 pm
oops, not posting.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:14 pm
I would like to understand better what evidence has already been gathered.

What makes it credible or not credible in a court of law?

If someone went straight to the doctor why isn't that considered credible evidence?

How can a doctor get away with absolving himself from a case?

What would make the doctor do that?

Why are there no PSYCHOTHERAPIST's on the case?

What is causing all this resistance? From the police, doctors, and therapists to rabbonim and individuals who don't share names of gans or real details.

Happydance

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:16 pm
linen that was a really informative post. why did you delete it?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:34 pm
No mother actually dealing with this, can sit here and argue with you. But those of you who don't live here, who have nothing to do with this, and are smashing our experience to pieces, should really be ashamed.
Just admit you know nothing and don't get it. And that most people don't. If everyone got it, this wouldn't be happening.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:37 pm
amother wrote:
I spoke to one of The Experts mentioned much farther up in this thread, Chevy Lapin. She was very nice and talked to me for a while but she had very little information. She is a speech therapist and together with a few other speech therapists adn an occupational therapist they are doing therapy with some of these kids. She couldn't say how many kids we are talking about or where or when this is happening. She said we just don't know, it's hard to know. She also didn't know of any psychologists or social workers or doctors or therapists except for the group of speech and OTs that is workign with these kids. Does anyone have a name of a licensed mental health professional who is working directly with any of these kids who can confirm what's going on? If there are so many kids involved wouldn't they be spread out among a lot of different therapists and some would be going to psychologists and social workers and not just to these speech and ots?

I've never heard anyone call her an expert- I heard she was making a parent support group, that's it.
I'm not posting our (certified) therapist because it's too small a world and I don't have her permission to do so.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:42 pm
Babyblue I don't doubt you at all.

The question to us hearing all this is: What has been done? What has worked? What has not worked? Where are we holding in terms of evidence? What's the best way to go in terms of investigation and prosecution?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:43 pm
The reason I deleted my last post was

Because at the end of the day, my goals are:
1. Israeli parents can know enough that they take this seriously and contact people involved.
Done [on the private thread and word of mouth]
2. That my family is safe
Done
3. That this group blows up in smoke.
And right now, the people I stand with in combating the ritual abuse group are people who hired the private investigation. And they don't want the real sensitive information public.

I have fulfilled my personal achrayis and said what I could.

What is going on this thread is hock. And as far as the investigation is concerned, the more average people that think this thing is fake, the better so they can do their work faster and more efficiently.

The other reason is that anything I said is going to be jumped on and refuted by people that want more and more evidence. I have it. But I can't give it over to you without it damaging the investigation. I am hurting enough, and I am afraid I can't handle that too.

I can't seem to keep away from this thread because it is so emotionally charged for me, but at the same time, it is making me sick and I think about it all day and re-read all my posts ten times. I think about what my son has said and what my friends kids have said and am living this trauma all day. We are not there anymore. We are in America. At a time when I need to be working on breaking free and living a normal life, following this thread is not helpful for me or anyone else.

So, don't believe it. So, say we are all psychotic. So, blame it on us. So, convince mothers to calm down and send their children to their daily dose of ripping their souls apart. Hock away.

But, to all of the naysayers, to all the rabbonim with power saying their "shoulders are not broad enough to do something about this," to all the parents convincing other parents this can't be true, to the perverted police, to the irresponsible doctors, to the overwhelming majority of our nation that has betrayed us, and especially to the sick middlemen that think they won't be caught:
Boy, am I happy I am not you. What a shameful day that will be when this thing finally blows up and goes public. And if it never does, there is still shamayim and what you will all have to face there.

deena19k

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:44 pm
I dont get it. All the names given as references to call to verify these stories all say that they have no proof ro verify the rumors. The affected posters said to call shana, who did not verify their claims. They said to call chevi lapin, who did not verify their claims either. They said to call Rabbi Greenwald. My dh spoke to Rabbi Greenwald's son who said that his father hired a top private investigator over two years ago and has not yet been able to come up with any proof to verify these stories. So excuse me for being doubtful of the validity of all these rumors.
Page 37 of 41   Previous  1  2  3 36  37  38 39  40  41  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions