Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you close the bathroom door when home alone?
Previous  1  2

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 8:17 pm
I also keep the door partially open since I had a baby. I never thought I'd ever do that...

Volunteer

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:10 pm
Ok, moms, so I guess I'm not alone.
Sometimes I take the baby into the bathroom with me, and dh thinks that's gross. But when the baby is happy in the carrier, it's so inconvenient to pull him out and put him down.

fbc

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:15 pm
No I don't leave the bathroom door open when I'm home alone!!!!! I've thought about why that is, and I guess it's either a) my husband could walk in or b) I'm so used to closing the door it's just gross to me to leave it open...

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:57 pm
I close it bc of the mezuzas. But we have clear mezuza cases, and I *think* if your cases aren't clear it's not an issue? I could be wrong though.

Riki12345

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 10:41 pm
Haven't locked it since I got married. With 2 babies under 3 I haven't gotten a chance yet 😉

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 12:35 am
At the moment I am home.in bathroom.door open.
Ever since we had a mouse in the house.. It was discovered when I was in the bathroom,the door stays open .its just me and my husband home .the end

boymom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 2:31 pm
usually don't lock it. bathroom is in back of my apt so if someone comes in, I can hear and just close the door asap. if I'm home alone with a baby or toddler, I definitely don't lock. im afraid of a story I once heard of a babysitter getting locked into bathroom on her job.
I have no issues if dh walks in on me. I don't mind sharing the room with him. unless im nidda of course.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 4:41 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
I also keep the door partially open since I had a baby. I never thought I'd ever do that...

I'll wager there's a lot of things you never thought you'd do, ever, that you found yourself doing since you had a baby.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 5:24 pm
I don't think it's weird at all, I would also leave the door open however there are mezuzahs right outside so I close it, were it not for that I would totally leave the door open if I was home alone, wouldn't be any reason not to really.

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 5:40 pm
I would never go to the bathroom with the door open. Perhaps if no one was home I might not lock the door. I don't have any babies at home, but even when I did I never kept the bathroom door open.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette