Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
The BEST Apple/Cinnamon Cake (the BEST)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

motherinisrael

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:29 am
One more thank you posting. This cake is the best recipe yet. I made it for Shabbos. It has been what I have been looking for. I do plan on using it as a basic recipe as well. Thank you, Chossidmom!

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 6:44 pm
Yeah. Shame my own kids wouldn't go near this with a 10 foot pole. They wouldn't eat a cake with apples or any other healthy/lumpy thing in it... Maybe it's just as well.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 5:35 pm
Bumping this up for R"H

ploni321

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 6:05 pm
Can I make it in a bundt pan?

Fave

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 7:42 pm
Can't decide if I should bake it tomorrow - scared I won't be able to resist eating up the entire pan.

I think just to have the smell of cinnamon and apples baking is a reason to go ahead with it. Heaven.....

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 8:19 pm
Can you substitute applesauce for the sliced or grated apples? That's how short on time I am right now LOL!

mommyla

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 8:31 pm
Hey this is almost exactly my grandmother's apple cake recipe! How funny!

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:01 pm
debsey wrote:
Can you substitute applesauce for the sliced or grated apples? That's how short on time I am right now LOL!

anyone know if I can try to sub applesauce for grated apples in this?
debsey

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:08 pm
debsey wrote:
debsey

short on time ....so get off the computer! lol! Just joking ....here I am on erev yom tov too....

I never made this recipe but I doubt you can substitute the apple sauce for apples. People substitute apple sauce for oil and it doesn't taste like apples at all. You can bake a cake using apple sauce but it will just be a cake not an apple cake.

Last edited by lkwdlady on Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

monseychick

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:16 pm
debsey wrote:
debsey

I tried that and it came out gooey in middle and never fully baked...

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:36 pm
ploni321 wrote:
Can I make it in a bundt pan?

Trying it now. It has risen up (and a drop over) the top of my bundt pan (just a plain old bundt pan), but isn't falling through the hole or over the edges. It's looking good, but it isn't done yet. Will update when it is and I can get a look at the inside.

ETA: I am not cutting it open until tomorrow, but I got it out of the oven and let it cool enough to unmold. the cake is a rich brown except on the tube part of the cake. It cooked all the way through though. There are a couple of spots/lines on the outside of the cakewhere you can see the apple filling (so try to keep the apple filling away from the edges of the pan, but it hasn't fallen apart. It's a thick batter so it didn't spill over the top. Looks and smells great! Hope it tastes good too. I will dust it with confectioner's sugar tomorrow.

Last edited by yaelinIN on Wed, Sep 24 2014, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:43 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
short on time ....so get off the computer! lol! Just joking ....here I am on erev yom tov too....

I never made this recipe but I doubt you can substitute the apple sauce for apples. People substitute apple sauce for oil and it doesn't taste like apples at all. You can bake a cake using apple sauce but it will just be a cake not an apple cake.

Thanks! I'm actually working now and can't get away from my desk. (yes, at 11 at night....) Anything that doesn't get cooked tomorrow....will not get cooked....life of a working mom!

ploni321

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 10:44 am
yaelinIN wrote:
Trying it now. It has risen up (and a drop over) the top of my bundt pan (just a plain old bundt pan), but isn't falling through the hole or over the edges. It's looking good, but it isn't done yet. Will update when it is and I can get a look at the inside.

ETA: I am not cutting it open until tomorrow, but I got it out of the oven and let it cool enough to unmold. the cake is a rich brown except on the tube part of the cake. It cooked all the way through though. There are a couple of spots/lines on the outside of the cakewhere you can see the apple filling (so try to keep the apple filling away from the edges of the pan, but it hasn't fallen apart. It's a thick batter so it didn't spill over the top. Looks and smells great! Hope it tastes good too. I will dust it with confectioner's sugar tomorrow.

Thank you so much!

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:29 pm
Anybody knows if this cake freezes well? Anybody tried freezing this?

Dalia

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:08 pm
Could this cake be made without a mixer? Also, do you think I could use grape juice instead of orange juice.?

Pineapple

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:26 pm
rfried wrote:
Could this cake be made without a mixer? Also, do you think I could use grape juice instead of orange juice.?

Use a whisk to mix if not using a mixer

The grape juice will change the flavor and color

Pineapple

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:27 pm
SesameSeeds wrote:

I would assume it's fine

blueberrypie

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 8:58 pm
How about leaving the peel on the apples,would that not be good? I would love to save some time!

coconutbutter

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 3:07 am
SesameSeeds wrote:

sunny90

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 4:09 am
I dont know about this exact recipe, but I have frozen apple cake before and it's tasted delicious. Just wrap it really well.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins