Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Idea for jewish used kids toys and clothing

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 9:44 pm
I've seen online thrift stores popping up lately, and I had an idea, that there should be a Jewish used toy and clothing online store. I have absolutely no idea how to set something like this up, and I know most people donate or give away their stuff, but for many of us, who live oot and don't have jewish clothing stores nearby, or who can't afford new yontif clothing or jewish toys/books, this could be really amazing. And those who sell their stuff can make some extra cash.

I imagine it being a little bit like eBay.

Anyone interested in this type of thing? Or know how I could set it up?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:17 am
I would love such a thing. But I don't see it being very practical... The prices would have to be affordable and competitive, yet the payback would have to be enough to make it worth not just dumping at the nearest gemach. And does the demographic have enough population to make this work? You would need a steady flow of incoming things, but between the families that are large and/or wear their things until they're done and the families that donate their things to gemachs, how many people in between does that leave to supply your thrift store?

If it can be worked out it would be a really nice thing to have. If you have the wherewithal to set it up, may as well try.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:35 am
I know someone who tried to have a tznius children'a clothing store on ebay- didn't last lomg....

climbing613

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 8:31 am
If you had the financial outlay, you could start another branch of once upon a child and just make it a bit more Frum friendly. If it's run well and in a good location, there'd be a steady flow of people bringing in stuff, especially because it pays. I love that store-but it would be amazing to have one more Frum friendly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics