Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
She needs cleaning help but a lot of work

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:37 pm
I don't know what to do. There is someone in the community who needs cleaning help very badly. The problem is that her house is just soo dirty that she has a hard time finding cleaning help. Someone close to her asked if I could ask my cleaning lady to go to her. I want to help but I don't want my cleaning lady to be mad at me for not warning her/referring g her .....

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:40 pm
Have you considered discussing it with your cleaning lady. Perhaps she can visit the potential client and make her own decision.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:46 pm
Good idea

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:52 pm
---

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:55 pm
IME, a really bad mess is not necessarily a deal breaker. If you clean houses for a living you are sometimes going to encounter so really bad messes. I think my house can be pretty bad at times, but my cleaning lady has stayed with me because I pay her a little more than the going rate and I treat her like a valued employee, not some lowly servant. I once made the mistake of referring her to a friend, it turned out this friend was the kind of person who does think she's better than "the help" and my cleaning lady came to me two weeks later and said "I'm sorry, I can't work for that lady." I felt horrible, and now I'm VERY careful about who I refer her to. And I've never again helped that friend find help of any kind. I feel bad, because she's always desperately looking for someone, but she has to change her attitude if she wants steady household help.
Basically, tl;dr is do you know how this person treats their help? If they treat them well and understand that they may have to be willing to pay a little extra, your cleaning lady may be just fine taking on the job even if they're messier than average.

sourstix

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:55 pm
for some reason it bothers me you writing in for in the subject. I think its not nice. please change it "question regarding cleaning help" sounds so much nicer. would you like someone posting such a question about you like that? please be sensitive to other people. and btw dirty means different to every person. so dont judge. and why would your cleaning lady be mad at you. thats what they are there for, she doesnt have to accept the job.

sourstix

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 12:58 pm
how do you know the house is"so dirty". have you been there? so stop judging her. for some reason it hurts the way you wrote. now I know you dont mean anything. please be careful

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:14 pm
I so t think I can change the title since I'm another.

I'm really sorry of I offended anyone. I myself have a messy dirty house. So I'm not judging anyone. What I mean is that this house needs a lot more help. There aren't young kids at home. I don't know how to out it but it needs a lot more tlc than usual.

I know this person and I want her to have the help she needs. I'm just not sure how to help.

sourstix

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:16 pm
lime amother I think you can. did you try?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:28 pm
sometimes if you make the cleaning lady feel that she's been given a difficult task , she might accept the job as a challenge and actually feel good about her results afterwards.

My home is far from clean and neat. If I know you are coming I will make sure that it will look quite presentable but if you show up without warning .... then this post could even be about me! I have a cleaning lady 2x a week for a few hours (one day 2hrs and one day 3). Not enough but definitely something!

It happens to be that I think my cleaning lady feels good about accomplishing lots of cleaning and making my house look good. She complained about going to a neat freak home after mine. She said the house is always clean, there was no work to do and the woman (older lady) made her nuts. So I think that some hard working women might feel good about cleaning up a messy home. Who wants to go to work and do nothing?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:31 pm
---

Barbara

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:35 pm
--

Last edited by Barbara on Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

spring13

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:39 pm
If you're thinking of connecting your cleaning lady and your friend, be honest with both of them. Tell your cleaning lady that this house is unusually messy/cluttered right now and at first will probably need more hours than she would usually spend on a space that size. Tell your friend that you have a good cleaner, but if a house hasn't been seen to in a while, it sometimes takes a few longer sessions (and therefore costs more) until things are a little more in order. They're both grownups, they'll be able to decide for themselves if they can come up with a satisfactory arrangement.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 1:44 pm
Barbara wrote:
She needs to hire a cleaning service. They can send out a crew to do heavy cleaning. Then she can hire a cleaning person for upkeep.

This

mirror

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:45 pm
How do you know she can afford cleaning help?

Jewishmofm

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:06 pm
My cleaning lady told a friend who I set her up with that my house is too messy and she will be leaving me and want more hours by her. OUCH. Yeah, I know my house is a mess. That's why I hired you. Needless to say, I'm a bit embarrassed to have cleaning help now. Who knows who they'll air my dirty laundry to.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 6:23 am
Are you sure it's why she can't find help? maybe she can't pay well. Maybe she is not looking and said so so people stop hounding her, "I find no one" could be the excuse?

How dirty is extremely dirty? For some, it's easily "extremely dirty"...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry