Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Why are you Gluten Free?
Previous  1  2

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:21 pm
I got diagnosed 2 years ago and no matter how many times I explain it to my family members they poo and pah me. Oh come on they say, just a little bit isnt gonna kill you. I get more support from my friends.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 5:04 pm
I always had stomache "issues". GI said I need fiber for a month and I'll be fine. I must've had a parasite. Well 12 years later and nothing improved.

Did allergy testing which did not show gluten allergy. Went to a naturalist a few years ago and he tested me. He said I have gluten intolerance (not celiac) and can only have spelt. I was very careful with my diet. Lost 10 pounds within a month and all my stomache issues disappeared. Had one item with barley malt not realizing it's wheat and my symptoms returned.

I have since stayed off all gluten products except for spelt.

Interestingly, during pregnancy all my symptoms and reactions disappear and right after birth they return. With the little I can eat during my pregnancies BH I can tolerate a small amount of gluten.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics