Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Crispies n carrot stuffing chicken recipe from binah magazin

bastorah1

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 2:41 pm
ISO
crispies n carrot stuffing chicken recipe from Binah magazine.... Does anyone have it???

balibusta

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 7:22 pm
Crispies ‘n’ Carrot Stuffing
1 onion, minced & sautéed in 1 ½ T. oil
1 carrot, finely grated
2 1/4 C. rice crispy cereal, dissolved in 5 T. hot water
2 eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
Dash of paprika
Sauté onion in the oil till browned. Place cereal in a mixing bowl. Pour 5 T. boiling water over the cereal and allow it to get soggy. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Scoop 2 T. of stuffing and place under skin of bottoms.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 7:23 pm
balibusta wrote:
Crispies ‘n’ Carrot Stuffing
1 onion, minced & sautéed in 1 ½ T. oil
1 carrot, finely grated
2 1/4 C. rice crispy cereal, dissolved in 5 T. hot water
2 eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
Dash of paprika
Sauté onion in the oil till browned. Place cereal in a mixing bowl. Pour 5 T. boiling water over the cereal and allow it to get soggy. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Scoop 2 T. of stuffing and place under skin of bottoms.

Balibusta - can you post the chicken recipe it goes with? Sounds really good.

bastorah1

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 7:35 pm
I would also like a chicken recipe that goes with it...... like what do I put on the chicken...is there a sauce????

balibusta

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 7:57 pm
ducksauce or drizzle honey with sprinkle of paprika and cook first covered than uncovered. You can also use it for capons. The stuffing really good an the rice crispies end up tasting like rice when cooked.

bastorah1

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 8:01 pm
ducksauce or drizzle honey with sprinkle of paprika and cook first covered than uncovered. You can also use it for capons. The stuffing really good an the rice crispies end up tasting like rice when cooked.

Do you think you could put this stuffing in boneless skinless?

balibusta

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 1:35 pm
yes skinless/boneless is capons for sure would be good!!

myself

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 2:46 pm
From the original recipe it seems you add the stuffing to the already baked chicken. Anyone here made this? Can you tell me if this is correct?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 4:51 pm
myself wrote:
From the original recipe it seems you add the stuffing to the already baked chicken. Anyone here made this? Can you tell me if this is correct?

You stuff the chicken and then bake

myself

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 4:54 pm
Thanks. Smile

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 6:53 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You stuff the chicken and then bake

That's what you'd assume, but strangely enough, the recipe instructions imply that you stuff the chicken before serving.

I'm trying to upload a photo of the recipe but am having trouble.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:01 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
That's what you'd assume, but strangely enough, the recipe instructions imply that you stuff the chicken before serving.

I'm trying to upload a photo of the recipe but am having trouble.

It was definitely written incorrectly. There must have been a correction made in the next issue Wink The rice krispies mixture has raw eggs. I've made stuffing with krispies before and the hot water and eggs make the stuffing raw and gross before baking, and once baked it's lovely.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:14 pm
This is from the latest issue, so I guess the correction will be in the next issue.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:41 pm
From this week's issue :

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:51 pm
Thanks for posting.
How strange.
Where is the chicken part of the recipe?

It definitely needs to say “Before serving baking, defrost the stuffing."

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 4:35 pm
Does the stuffing need to be frozen before stuffing? Can you bake the stuffed chicken and then freeze?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 5:43 pm
The stuffing is very loose which is why they say to freeze it first. If you can work with the loose stuffing and it doesn't ooze out of the chicken it should be fine to just stuff as is. I guess mix the stuffing and see if you can work with it. If not you can remove and freeze. Or bake stuffing before stuffing the chicken. Or make it a more dense stuffing (won't be as soft) by adding breadcrumbs and making it easier to work with .

strawberry cola

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:46 pm
The recipe was put in the magazine as a freezer filler. There are two ways to save time, using this recipe.You can either prepare the stuffing in advance, freeze it in containers ( 1 lb of stuffing yields enough 6-8 capons or chicken legs. When you are ready to stuff your raw chicken, defrost your stuffing, stuff the chicken, sprinkle on your favorite spices or sauce, and place in the oven at 350 for 2 hours.
The other method is to stuff the raw chicken immediately after preparing the stuffing, and then freeze the stuffed chicken quarters until ready to bake. Do not defrost before placing in oven; add one half hour to roasting time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey