Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mikveh in Katamon

rivka6

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:40 am
We just made alyiah (yeah!) to Katamon in Jerusalem, and I need to go to the Mikveh motzi Shabbat. (IyH) How does it work here? Call for appt? Just Show up after havdalah? Bring my own supplies? How much? Help me Long term Israeli imamoms! Thanks!

water_bear88

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:47 am
Mazal tov! Apply for the Life in Israel board, it's fun over there!

I assume you mean the mikva behind the shteiblach. Be warned that it's awkward since there are men outside at pretty much all hours the mikva is open- it's not so terrible, but I found it uncomfortable the first time I went there.

The wonderful thing about it is it's the mikva toran, so it's open later than most others, even in the winter. No need for an appt, just show up. I always prep at home, but I think they have supplies. Unless things have changed in the last year and a half, it's 20 shekel just to dip. They should have towels but I don't remember if that's included or an extra 5 shekels. I think with a bath it's 30, I wouldn't imagine it's above 35.

(edited for spelling)

rivka6

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:51 am
Thanks! That's super helpful! And yes, just pm'ed (a word?) the moderator of life in Israel. Thanks for the welcome, we are so happy to be here at long last!

water_bear88

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:10 am
Glad I could help! Hope your Aliyah is going smoothly!

rivka6

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:14 am
Amazingly! We keep waiting for difficulties we can't cope with but BH it's going so wonderfully. Everyone is so very helpful. And having the bank teller say Shabbat shalom today; priceless!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions