Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tznuis clothing store in chicago area

orchid1980

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 4:51 pm
Hello ,

I am going to Chicago soon and I would to know some good address of kosher stores (food) and apparel stores for modest modern and feminine clothing.
Thank you and happy shabbos!

Orchid.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 3:57 pm
A tznius clothing store that's an actual store-front in Chicago is Itz You, located on Devon Ave, near the main frum community. They have a variety of different skirts and tops, girl's clothing, shells, some accessories.

Linda's Headquarters is a wig/hat shop that also started to sell shells and some skirts.

There are a few basement stores that are run very professionally, I don't know if that's what you're looking for. If any of these things sound useful to you, post again and I can give you more names, addresses, hours, bn.
Enjoy your trip Smile

cbsmommy

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 2:59 am
Sox galore: robes, headbands, tichels
Linda's Headquarters: hats, shells, snoods, tichels
Hats By Susan: I got some excellent hats from her
Itz You (storefront)
13th Avenue Collections: tons of shells and ladies/girls skirts

And now for the non-frum stores - all of the standard national chains plus:
*Fashion Era in Golf Mill Mall. I've had ridiculously good luck finding long jean skirts there.

What are you looking for specifically? Fancy clothes? Business attire?

chanaleah

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:30 pm
Hi there is a post here about basement stores in chicago, the person is anonymous, I am interested as I will be travelling to chicago soon...any leads and info? thanks so much!

yaeli83

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:04 pm
There is a recent thread "Chicago imamothers I need your help" I don't know how to link it, but it should have your answers.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:26 pm
chanaleah wrote:
Hi there is a post here about basement stores in chicago, the person is anonymous, I am interested as I will be travelling to chicago soon...any leads and info? thanks so much!

Yes, there are 3 of them -- one is mentioned above, 13th Avenue Collection. The other 2 are Brenda's West and RL2. You can PM me for their phone numbers, but I should mention that all 3 are not in the main frum shopping areas.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:51 pm
Are these stores more expensive or cheap?

Which would be best bet for some long comfy cheap skirts, and cheap shells? Any of them? ($20 or less for skirts, $15 or less for shells is my current budget)

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:53 pm
BKIND wrote:
Are these stores more expensive or cheap?

Which would be best bet for some long comfy cheap skirts, and cheap shells? Any of them? ($20 or less for skirts, $15 or less for shells is my current budget)

I am not up on the exact pricing, but 13th Avenue Collection is the cheapest and the only one of these 3 that also sells shells (several brands including PB&J). Linda's Headquarters (mentioned above sells shells too).

jkw

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 3:57 pm
For food I would highly recommend Hungarian Kosher in Skokie -- lots of variety, their own bakery and sushi, extremely helpful staff...

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics