Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Serving Gnocchi for shabbos

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 4:38 pm
I am feeling chickened out this week and am going to make a meat sauce using chuck roast, tomatoes, garlic, onion. I was thinking to serve it over potato gnocchi. How will they hold up waiting for the meal to start? Will they get gluey? Anyone serve them Friday night before?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 6:30 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I am feeling chickened out this week and am going to make a meat sauce using chuck roast, tomatoes, garlic, onion. I was thinking to serve it over potato gnocchi. How will they hold up waiting for the meal to start? Will they get gluey? Anyone serve them Friday night before?

It really depends on the quality of the gnocchi. I do a flat roman gnocchi that are baked in a casserole. I love them with some sauteed greens and garlic. They are dairy so I would not normally have them on a friday night. Plain potato gnocchi without cheese in them would get gluey because there is no fat to melt into the potatoes.

mille

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 6:39 pm
Pan fry them before shabbos in a tiny tiny bit of oil so they get a little crispy on the outside. Then just keep them warm. They won't be gluey or gummy at all! Some restaurants serve gnocchi this way.

I've only ever served fresh gnocchi on yom tov when I can cook it fresh!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics