Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Question to lakewooders

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:45 pm
would you walk on the street of locust till belz at night. is it a safe street? I did once and I was super scared. 2xs dh went there and non jews yelled from car. dirty jews and f you. how about north maple street is that a better street? can I get to belz from there? even if its longer I am ok with that. I want to be able to walk there at night

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
would you walk on the street of locust till belz at night. is it a safe street? I did once and I was super scared. 2xs dh went there and non jews yelled from car. dirty jews and f you. how about north maple street is that a better street? can I get to belz from there? even if its longer I am ok with that. I want to be able to walk there at night

Doesn't belz have its own mikva? I can't think of another justifiable reason for a woman to be walking around that neighborhood alone at night.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:42 pm
why is it so hard to understand that people like to take walks at night and not be bound to cars all the time? I have 2 healthy feet bh' and like the fresh air. is that good enough?
no belz doesnt have yet. it sounds like you have no idea there are a lot of jews living that neighborhood. so anyone know what its like there? is it safe? despite the fact that the street doesnt have a lot of lighting and there is a nursing home there. so I understand why its so quiet.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:45 pm
I just felt you were being snarky I therefore answered that way. I guess the writen word doesnt have the emotion there. but anyway, if you walked that street at night and know the neighborhood can you tell me if its safe for a woman to walk at night?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 8:47 pm
I moved a couple of months ago from brooklyn where people walk in the dark almost all over. I guess I am very used to it. and would like to do it here too.

gomom!

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:06 pm
I would not walk at night and especially not yourself. I don't think any part of Lakewood is safe for a lady to walk outside herself.

tymama

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:34 pm
gomom! wrote:
I would not walk at night and especially not yourself. I don't think any part of Lakewood is safe for a lady to walk outside herself.

I live in lakewood and completely agree!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:08 pm
Wouldn't recommend it
I understand Spanish ( 90 on Spanish regent )
They don't realize that
I always hear them talking about wanting to rape Jewish @&**

UQT

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 10:49 pm
Naturalmom that's downright freaky. But no, I usually don't walk outside at night alone. There are stories of men and bochrim getting mugged.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:54 pm
ok so here I have a few lakewooders responding, I wanto clarify that all of lakewood is this way? mexicans talk that way in new york too btw I have that experience. so I am not surprized. I guess y'all got me scared. I never even had a chat with my neighbors about this. I dont even know what they have to say. but I definitely go walking with my neighbors at night close to my house. no its not on locust. thats the reason I am asking about locust. its very deserted.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:57 pm
but I used to live in brooklyn and crime rate is so much higher and women walk alone at night there all the time. the reason is because alot of pp walk there so theres nothing to be afraid. here in lakewood people arent out in the dozens so its easier target

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 12:05 am
first of all not that many yidden there yet.

second Lakewood isn't Brooklyn where people are outide at all hours. The main areas are like that in Lakewood too. But by Belz? It may just be you and the bad guy out there.

People who live in nursing homes aren't out at night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics