Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I don't like my brand new sheitel and would like to sell it.

njyenta

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:46 pm
I don't think I'm the only one who ever experienced this. I just bought a Bella wig for $1200, had it washed and set and I don't like it. I've already gone back to the sheitel macher 2x. I wanted it to frame my face more and she ended up giving me full bands. I did not want bangs. (I couldn't tell what she was doing while she was cutting). Everyone says bangs make you look younger but it's not the look I want. It was just washed and set and I'd like to get back what I paid for it. It's shoulder length, medium brown with some red highlights.

http://I.imgur.com/RYrYL1o.jpg

http://I.imgur.com/7fJcq41.jpg

http://I.imgur.com/M1PbiXr.jpg

I'm located in Central NJ. PM me for more contact information

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:06 pm
I'm sorry you're unhappy with your sheitel and I wish you the best of luck in selling it, but trying to get back what you paid for it is not very realistic. For that price someone can go get their own brand new Bella wig cut to her exact specifications. I think that if you price it more competitively you'll have a better chance of selling it.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:12 pm
Give it some air. Leave it out on an open stand. Shake it a bit. It may break in. While wearing it, shove the bangs aside and style it roughly with your fingers. If needed, moisten your fingers a little. Then go for a walk in it and let it get some outside air. It may come to life.

Brand new wigs need to come to life. The most natural looking wigs look banged around. Especially if the person wearing it is over thirty.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:25 pm
Try it out. Maybe you'll like it.
If you specifically spoke about a different style and not bangs the wig cutter should pay to have the cut hairs replaced is you can have it cut the way you like it. Speak to her.

njyenta

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:44 pm
I forgot to mention that its a large cap since I have lots of thick hair. How do you replace cut bangs?

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 11:20 pm
njyenta wrote:
I forgot to mention that its a large cap since I have lots of thick hair. How do you replace cut bangs?

Remove the hair with bangs and add new hair in its place.

its all good

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 11:23 pm
Have you tried selling it on Facebook? There is an actual FB group that is just for buying and selling your sheitel. I think its called Buy, Sell and Trade your wig. Good luck!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 12:18 am
njyenta wrote:

They remove the knots/weaves that hold the hairs in place and sew in new hairs to replace them.

happy12

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:34 pm
No one is going to pay that much for a used shaitel. I bought a $1500 shaitel two years that was cut and worn two times. I only paid $350 for it. I saw it at the sheitel macher and said thats the cut I want, she said its used but only been worn twice. However I would never pay much for a used shaitel.

njyenta

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 8:16 pm
I posted it to the Facebook group buy sell & trade your sheitel and haven't had any luck yet. I realize its considered used but I don't want to sell it for much less than what I paid for it because that's thrown out money and it has never been worn. I got talked into it by my sheitel macher. This was the cheapest wig price wise that she had so at the time I thought it was a good deal. She thought it looked good on me and I liked it better compared to others she showed me. I couldn't see what she was doing when she cut it and I ended up with bangs which I find uncomfortable. I really would like to start from scratch with a new one rather than invest more money in it. I posted some pictures in my post above. I'm sure it would look good on someone.

njyenta

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 11:42 am
I'm reducing the price of my sheitle from $1200 to $900. As of now I wore it maybe 3 times. Its still clean and set. The pictures are posted above in a previous message. I'm in Central NJ. You can PM me is you are interested.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 12:15 pm
From my experience it is irrelevant how many times the wig was used. If it was used (even only once) and cut for you the value decreases at least by half.
I'm sorry but that's the market.
People's reasoning usually is if I'm going to be spending $900 (and possibly more because they may need to recut a little, alter the net etc...) I may as well pay a bit more and get a brand new one fit and cut for me.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 1:18 pm
As others mentioned the cost of replacing the bangs in front may be cheaper then the loss you will take when selling it.

PassionFruit

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 1:24 pm
Talk to the shaitle macher who cut you full bangs without discussing that in the first place! That is no little slip of the fingers and needed to be a discussion. Imho, she needs to take responsibility for fixing this problem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels