Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help! Mice droppings on my beds living in an apt building!!

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 10:10 pm
Any tips of what to put, would rather not use poison in the bedroom since I have a baby crawling around. Thanks

abs

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 10:24 pm
If you put poison under the bed/dresser how would your baby get to it?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 10:58 pm
abs wrote:
If you put poison under the bed/dresser how would your baby get to it?

Rodenticides should never be used where children or pets are present. It's just asking for trouble. Bait can be moved by rodents, crumbs of bait blocks can be dropped by rodents. There are so many things that can go wrong.

coffeedrinker

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:00 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Rodenticides should never be used where children or pets are present. It's just asking for trouble. Bait can be moved by rodents, crumbs of bait blocks can be dropped by rodents. There are so many things that can go wrong.

What about behind the stove and fridge is that OK with kids

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:03 pm
coffeedrinker wrote:
What about behind the stove and fridge is that OK with kids

If you are finding rodent feces on beds it's time for an exterminator and perhaps even a contractor to close off as much access as possible.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:19 pm
You most likely need to call a pest expert who will trap the mice and mice-proof your apartment followed by a good cleaning.

bcimhappy

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:25 pm
Call management, the super, your landlord. ... if they dont do anything call 311 and the department of health... (if your in ny) but you need a good exterminator ASap(the apt/ landlord must pay for it) !! I feel for you, I lived in an apt with a mouse infestation I cried about it all the time and in the end we moved out.. came home from Yom tov and found it all over our beds also it was horrible Sad good luck im sorry your going through this Sad

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:33 pm
If it's any consolation it's a dreadful year for rodents here in the PNW. When my creek dried up they started visiting my backyard. Our units here are very tight but I didn't want them to think this was their watering hole. I called in professionals and they used single kill bait in bait boxes that only rats or mice could enter. My yard is totally fenced and I'm the only one who has access to it. The bait boxes were staked out so they could not be moved. (It was not the kind of bait that would lead them to seek water, and it was single kill so if a buzzard wanted to do clean up duty it would not get poisoned.) After 2 weeks they removed the bait boxes and we can't find any evidence of them.

moto

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:17 am
If you are in NY Dominique is really good exterminator.he closed off our holes. First he sprayed poison into hole,stuffed them and sealed.did it to entire apt and was better prices than most ppl.everyone I know that used him was super happy.
Secondly, mice hate mint.pit peppermint extract all over.
718-236-5157 dominique

livinginisrael

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 3:58 am
You must get it mouse proofed. Poison won't help. If there's a hole where they're coming from you gotta find the hole or they'll keep coming. We recently used pestco .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics