Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins and epidural

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 7:05 am
how likely is it to have twins without an epidural ( this assumes head down, no c section etc). My doctor highly recommends epidural with twins in any and all cases. These are my firsts so I don't know how labor feels for a singleton let alone for twins so input would be helpful!!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 7:22 am
No experience, I've hade one at a time naturally. I'd imagine that the epidural would be so they can deliver the first normally, and the second through cesarean without putting you out. I would try to find a doctor willing to work with you for a natural delivery which may include maneuvering the second to a deliverable position. Like I said, no experience here, do your research.

working hard

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 8:05 am
I was forced to have an epidural with my twins as it is very common to need to turn the second baby or some other something that cannot be done without an epidural. I spoke to many doctors and did not find any that would let me deliver twins naturaly without it.
and in the end IT DID NOT WORK!!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 9:14 am
I was also told to get an epidural with my twins.. I was SOO happy because the doctor had to turn the second one (even though they were both head down at the start of labor). He did a breech extraction, which is immensely painful without an epidural.. (he turned the baby from transverse position and then pulled out by the feet)

trying1

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:21 pm
I think that it depends where you are in the world. My first were also twins and they agreed that I could try without an epidural. In the end, the second one went into distress and they gave me a last minute epidural in case she wiould be a c-section... not a happy story but BH both are healthy in the end

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 7:53 pm
It would be easier to answer had you given birth before and have an idea how labor is for you.

They say to get an epidural in case they need to do an emergency c-section or they need to extract or turn baby b.

I delivered without because they were both heads down and (more importantly), my labors are BH very fast.

If possibly, try to get a doctor you trust and work with him. And I would highly recommend a doula.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more