Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Motivate kids to do homework with tv or ipad time after?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 2:57 pm
After a long day at school , my kids are not always so excited about doing homework in addition to studying for a quiz the next day.
some of my kids are just more self motivated than their siblings
thinking about using tv time or ipad time after homework to motivate my kids so homework is not such a long drawn out struggle.
if you do allow your kids electronics after homework . how much time do you allow per kids? and how do you structure it if you dont have many electronic devices but have many kids?
tia

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 9:12 pm
If all hw is done and chores, and kids are ready for bed (teeth brushed, pjs, etc) , then I let some videos after dinner. It's usually about an hour a night if the hw is done.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 9:21 pm
I don't do it every night, but if they finish everything they have to do ie. Clothes for the next day, pack lunch and snack, shower/pjs, and homework then they can have "screen time". I usually give them ten to fifteen minutes.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 11:50 am
I allow screen after hw and cleaning up. Dinner is later here different type of life Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children