Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling to Los Angeles, looking for suggestions

chulentalakiddush

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 4:46 pm
My family, dh, ds's ages 9 and 6 and I will be traveling to LA next week. We're staying in the pico robertson area and will have a car.
So far, we're going to disney one day and malibu another. What do you suggest we do while there? I think one theme park is enough for us and my husband wants activities that are fun for all of us, so no zoos, aquariums or watching our kids play at a childrens museum (although, the skirball center looks really cool)
TIA!

rachel6543

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 9:04 pm
If you are going to Malibu, there's a great kosher place to eat there - The Fish Grill, it's right by the beach.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 10:13 am
What do you find fun? You nixed museums, amusement parks (since you are doing 1 already), aquarium, zoo...

San Diego has the coolest zoos I have ever been to....

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 10:26 am
The skirball musuem is not a children's musuem although they do have exhibits for children. The Getty is my favorite musuem, do a highlights tour there with your kids or check online to see if they have a tour specifically for kids. I like the annenberg space for photography. There are a lot of beautiful hikes- you can hike to the Hollywood sign if that interests you. I love abalone cove.go the Hollywood bowl for picnic and a concert or go during the day during rehearsal ( google it). You might like the Peterson car musuem. There are free concerts in grand park in downtown la and free Yoga classes. Go kayaking in marina del Ray. Maybe do a day trip to Santa Barbara, it's such a beautiful city. I love the zoo there and you can bike by the beach. You could stop at the Oxnard winery for lunch or dinner on the way there or back. Ok those are my suggestions, hopefully something appeals to you

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 10:26 am
Are you nixing all museums? The Museum of Natural History has great dinosaurs that were found in the tar pits. It's set in a nice park for the kids to run around in. For my brother it was a must see. There is the LA County Art Museum next door so if you are into art, you could split and leave your husband and sons to the dinosaurs.

What would you want to do if you were at home? You mentioned Malibu - Santa Monica/Venice is a beach but a completely different experience. There is also a kid's type amusement park on the Santa Monica Pier.

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 1:05 pm
Also the science musuem downtown is great!

seraphima

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 5:08 pm
Pico Robertson is a really nice area. I second the County and Getty museums if you like art. They are not kids museums but offer kids programs occasionally. I also second (or third) the day trips to San Diego or Santa Barbara.

Hope your family has a great time Smile

Shoelover

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 5:18 pm
Santa Monica pier. And you can eat your way down pico :d

Bethany

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 8:44 pm
If you have a car I suggests a day trip to Santa Barbara, and another day to Laguna beach. Both cute little towns. Sea world in San Diego is great

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 1:50 am
What else is there to do in Santa Barbara?
Kosher food?
Where is the main shopping area?
Anyone know of any bead stores there?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 6:31 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
What else is there to do in Santa Barbara?
Kosher food?
Where is the main shopping area?
Anyone know of any bead stores there?

No kosher food I Santa Barbara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics