Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Ideas please! Creative ways of how to make baby a room.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 10:47 am
we live in a one bedroom apt and training baby to sleep through the night.

GetReal

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 10:49 am
I used to put my first to sleep in our room, and then when we went to sleep, move him to the living room. Some people hang up a curtain to partition off a room.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:37 am
I just did this. I took my dresser that has a mirror on it and put it in the width across my bedroom with our beds on one side and the baby's crib behind the mirror. This way she doesn't see us when she wakes up and I can choose to go to her or not. I put a noise machine right next to her crib so that she doesn't awaken from our movements.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:51 am
We are in a studio and out baby sleeps in the (walk in) closet. We highly recommend this set up; it's worked great for us

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:56 am
pesek zman wrote:
We are in a studio and out baby sleeps in the (walk in) closet. We highly recommend this set up; it's worked great for us

Sounds good but is there enough air in there?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds good but is there enough air in there?

We have a fan that we use for the summer, and we leave tr door slightly ajar. But in the winter (when baby was born) it was fine as is

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 1:40 pm
Some people put the kid in the one bedroom, and that's his room. He grows and learns there, it makes for a larger mentality; he has a place to operate and study. The parents sleep in the living room.

Later, as the kid becomes aware, the parents have a privacy problem. At that time, they get a two-bedroom, but the above strategy buys them time.

Exactly when? About age ten, the kid should not be walking past his parents' bed to go to the kitchen and bathroom.

The virtue of having the bedroom, with its closed door, be the kid's room is that the parents can chat in the living room without waking the kid. He is in a closed, quiet room.

The mom stays with the kid in a rocker or on the floor until the kid falls asleep, then leaves. Maybe the door is left open a crack, to hear if he needs anything.

Later there will be a large unbreakable cup of water placed next to the kid's bed. That cuts down on "mommmmy I want waaaaater" in the night. He already has his water and drinks without help.

The baby's body will mature until he sleeps through the night. It is easier on everybody to just go with the flow and wait for that to happen. It WILL happen.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 2:29 pm
Wow I live in a one bedroom and I would never think to move into the living room to give the little baby it's own huge room. We're planning on doing the curtain down the living room thing. I've also heard of others letting the kid fall asleep in the room and then moving them to the living room when the parents want to go to sleep. Hopefully we'll be out of this apartment soon.

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 5:18 pm
Are you in a true 1 bdrm? or a basement apartment? We made a "room" out of our bookcases in the living room.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
Wow I live in a one bedroom and I would never think to move into the living room to give the little baby it's own huge room. We're planning on doing the curtain down the living room thing. I've also heard of others letting the kid fall asleep in the room and then moving them to the living room when the parents want to go to sleep. Hopefully we'll be out of this apartment soon.

You can see the kid would be quieter in the bedroom though. You might have more peace that way. If you are walking past the kid to get to the kitchen and bathroom, that may wake him. Curtain or no curtain.

That plan was also for the kid to develop good scholarship from having a good place to study and think, in the master bedroom. No, it's not a good permanent solution, for when the kid gets aware. Then his parents need privacy. But that takes a good while.

But OP was asking about getting some peace at night, and this works. It sounds insane but it works.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:40 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
You can see the kid would be quieter in the bedroom though. You might have more peace that way. If you are walking past the kid to get to the kitchen and bathroom, that may wake him. Curtain or no curtain.

That plan was also for the kid to develop good scholarship from having a good place to study and think, in the master bedroom. No, it's not a good permanent solution, for when the kid gets aware. Then his parents need privacy. But that takes a good while.

But OP was asking about getting some peace at night, and this works. It sounds insane but it works.

that just sounds insane. I think by the time the kid is studying he's too aware in my opinion. But of course everyone has their own ideas of what works or not. Smile And G-d willing I'll be moving on to larger living quarters before that happens anyway. I know we are "spoiled" in a way, some people live like this forever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics