Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teen ds moving more to the right.....
Previous  1  2  3

OOTforlife

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 2:33 pm
I didn't mean to equate the two, just listed them because they both seem to be attributable to the school's influence. But rereading OP, she doesn't actually say that her son has said anything racist. So strike the racist part.

I agree with you that OP should not take her son's behavior personally. Whether or not the behavior is "about her" (it may or may not be--many who move right or left describe active distaste for their parents' hashkafot and/or behavior as a factor motivating them), there are more important things at stake here than hurt feelings.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:22 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
off topic---but a mother is kol isha???? I LOVE singing with my boys and were pretty yeshivish
I have never heard that anyone holds that a mother can't sing in front of DH or sons. BUT they will not sing zemiros with Hashem's name while I am singing - why can't they sing without Hashem's name? No idea.

They're just fanatically religious. You know. Everyone to the right of me is fanatically religious. Everyone to the left of me is modern. And there's U in the middle. = FR U M

love the this!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics