Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
St. Louis - where would we fit?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 9:36 am
I have the potential for a great job opportunity in St. Louis. Imamothers with knowledge of the community, can you tell me more about it?

DH and I are I guess what you would call "YU yeshivish" -- we both have advanced degrees, he is in klei kodesh, wears a hat and jacket to but colored shirts to daven during the week. I wear a short sheitel, tights always, etc. We do not have television but will watch a documentary online, read secular news and books. We want a sheltered upbringing for our children without some of the insularity and closed-mindedness that sometimes accompany that approach. Does that make sense?

Would there be a place for us in the St. Louis community? Where would you suggest we look in terms of schools, shuls, neighborhoods, etc.?

TIA!

cbsp

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 12:53 am
Have you read this thread:

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....&

cbsp

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:14 am
I asked a 19yo unmarried friend for her input (unedited):

St. Louis sounds like the perfect place for them! St. Louis is totally chilled. The way they described themselves sounds like a majority of the families attending aguda and torah prep. Lol they sound frummer than me!

And then she added:
In general even if there are more yeshivish families they are very open minded here
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating