Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
What pan can I use for Binah's vegetable tart?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 10:35 am
In this week's Relish, there's a beautiful and delicious looking recipe for vegetable tart. I plan on using disposable pans. What would be the best option? They recommend using a tart pan with removable bottom. Would a pie tin without a removable bottom work?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 11:12 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
In this week's Relish, there's a beautiful and delicious looking recipe for vegetable tart. I plan on using disposable pans. What would be the best option? They recommend using a tart pan with removable bottom. Would a pie tin without a removable bottpom work?

Can you post the recipe please? Sounds like something I would like.
Since I haven't seen the recipe yet I can't say for sure, but I would likely use a round disposable bekela, and possibly cut off the sides for easy removal for serving.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 10:38 am

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 11:35 am
Umm, I am coming to your house. all the recipes you've asked about make me want to change my plans!

My guess is that you probably CAN use a pan without a removeable bottom, but you won't be able to present it as nicely, like you won't get the full effect.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:06 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Umm, I am coming to your house. all the recipes you've asked about make me want to change my plans!

My guess is that you probably CAN use a pan without a removeable bottom, but you won't be able to present it as nicely, like you won't get the full effect.

You're invited!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:15 pm
Would you make the tarts in prepared tart shells (round shape)?

Otherwise, use the extra small loaf pans for a rectangular shape but won't be as neat. Though I would prefer to use the 5" round individual pans which are actual pie pans/low sides and would come out neater.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes