Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady wants HUGE raise
Previous  1  2

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:47 am
Paid 12 an hr. She just went up to $13. I live in brooklyn

grace413

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:50 am
I'm paying 55 shekel.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 10:11 am
Wow.Some cleaning ladies are really well paid. My husbands business is struggling and he sometimes says he wishes he could supplement it by being a "cleaning lady". Maybe it isn't such a bad idea...

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:55 pm
Just say no. I never raise nor do my friends.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
My cleaning lady who's not so great want a huge raise, I'm trying to figure out what the average cleaning lady gets paid in brooklyn. Please help?!?!

Annonymous cuz discussed a lot irl.

Why don't you tell us how much you pay your cleaning lady?

Butterfly

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:39 pm
I live in brooklyn. I pay $10.00 for my very nice Hungarian cleaning lady.
She is very religious so that makes her quite trustworthy for me as well.

AFAIK, my sisters, neighbors and friends all pay $10.00 an hr as well. Some add $5.00 for car-fare. Mine doesn't ask for it but I do tip her many times and 'always' feed her a cooked dinner plus coffee/juice/ cookies in between...

Butterfly07

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:47 pm
It's one thing to ask nicely for a raise & another to put demands on it. Look for a new cleaning lady who will do a better job then your current one and settle on a price with her! You are the employer, let them know what is expected of them so there will be no confusion Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 5:07 pm
Op here. I was paying her $10 and now after the summer she told me she needs to get $100 for the day (which comes out to approx. $12.50). She was working only 7 hours till now so that was $70, or sometimes $75 if she stayed a bit longer.
For me to add the $25 a week is a lot, but I do see that pple are paying that amount. All the pple I had asked in real life were paying $10, so I was trying to figure this out. I have found someone new to try out and hopefully that will work out.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
Op here. I was paying her $10 and now after the summer she told me she needs to get $100 for the day (which comes out to approx. $12.50). She was working only 7 hours till now so that was $70, or sometimes $75 if she stayed a bit longer.
For me to add the $25 a week is a lot, but I do see that pple are paying that amount. All the pple I had asked in real life were paying $10, so I was trying to figure this out. I have found someone new to try out and hopefully that will work out.
If she wants $100 and she stays 7 hours that's $14.25/hour. (I'm not saying if you should pay that or not jut telling you it's not 12.50)

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 5:35 pm
Sanguine wrote:
If she wants $100 and she stays 7 hours that's $14.25/hour. (I'm not saying if you should pay that or not jut telling you it's not 12.50)

No she said she'll stay 8 hours, but she is almost always 15-20 min late.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:16 pm
Merrymom wrote:
You're forgetting that this is all tax free so it's not exactly a real minimum wage job.

OTOH it has no paid vacation, no sick days, no holiday pay, no insurance plan, not even a stingy one, no pension plan, no employee discount, no social security, no workers' comp if they get hurt, no fringe benefits whatsoever unless you throw in lunch.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:20 pm
No wonder you can't get anyone reliable, paying such miserable wages. I was paying more than that twenty years ago. Talking to those who pay $10/hr. Minimum wage is no wage, it's exploitation.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
Just say no. I never raise nor do my friends.

In what year did you hire your cleaning lady?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 10:45 pm
zaq wrote:
OTOH it has no paid vacation, no sick days, no holiday pay, no insurance plan, not even a stingy one, no pension plan, no employee discount, no social security, no workers' comp if they get hurt, no fringe benefits whatsoever unless you throw in lunch.

I also have no benefits in my job, and since I'm an independent contractor, more than half my salary goes to uncle sam!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry