Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Duck eggs

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:35 pm
I have a child who cannot tolerate chicken eggs but is ok with duck eggs. I made menus and let DC pick foods assuming I would be able to get duck eggs. The normal store in Brooklyn we go to was out. Dh went to 3 stores in queens and another on 7th avenue in search of the eggs to no avail. DC has so many food restrictions and having eggs makes things so much more "normal" for DC.
I am not expecting too many responses but does anyone know a place in NYC that has duck eggs?

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 1:35 pm
Long Island used to be home of the domestic duck industry. Now those farms are housing developments. I did a Google and couldn't find any farms near NYC. I would suggest you call a food service vendor for the restaurant industry in your area. Look for one that sells poultry or eggs. They may be able to help you out.

small bean

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 1:38 pm
We bought duck eggs from metzger farms in ca and they ship with 2 day shipping... you can order still for succos.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 7:45 pm
How did you find out that duck eggs are OK? DS is allergic to eggs and I do many thinks with replacements, but would be interested in knowing if he could tolerate other kinds (although he'll probably be too wary to try them, anyway).

Bruria

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 8:16 pm
Usually they have those at wholefoods in union square in the city.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 12:54 pm
small bean wrote:
We bought duck eggs from metzger farms in ca and they ship with 2 day shipping... you can order still for succos.

Metzger farms wants 65$ to ship..
That is a little out of my budget. Anyone else know of a place?

naomi2

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 10:02 pm
Im pretty sure the chinese supermarket on coney and u? (near lesters) has them but I dont know if they have/need a hechsher-it is worth a call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics