Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Chocolate Souffle

Fave

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 10:59 am
I'm looking for a chocolate soufflé recipe that can be frozen raw or parbaked. I'd like to finish baking it on Yom Tov.

Thanks

Fave

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:11 pm
Edited to add post heading - thanks

tichellady

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:26 pm
I don't think that exists. You could do hot chocolate molten cakes and keep the batter in the fridge but anything soufflé will have beaten egg whites which I don't think freeze well

Fave

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 2:29 pm
How long can the batter be kept in the fridge? Overnight?

tichellady

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 3:21 pm
You can keep it in the fridge for a few days. I like to put it in the ramekins and cover them with foil or seran wrap but you need to have a place to store them in your fridge that way. The batter doesn't harden in the bowl in the fridge. I will post a link to a recipe I use. There are a lot online. Some include a piece of good chocolate in the middle.

tichellady

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 3:23 pm
http://tastykitchen.com/recipe.....cake/

I use smart balance instead of butter and slightly less flour.

Fave

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 9:21 pm
Thanks so much! Follow up question - is it possible to bake it at a lower temperature, or will I lose the effect? I don't set my oven higher than 300• on Yom Tiv.

tichellady

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 10:36 pm
I'm not sure. I have never tried baking it at a lower temperature. Maybe half the recipe and try it out before yomtov to see

Fave

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:48 pm
Thanks for your help!

freshair

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:18 am
I love chocolate souffle and make it for sukkos so that if it's cold and night everyone can enjoy it. I actually bake it the day I am serving it (generally the first night) and just keep it on the counter until ready to serve it. I serve it sometimes during the year from the freezer but needs a good half hour to get hot again. I have an awesome recipe if you're interested.

Fave

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 6:32 am
staystrong wrote:
. I have an awesome recipe if you're interested.

I'm definitely interested.

freshair

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 2:16 am
2 sticks margarine
8 Oz semi sweet chocolate (I use chocolate chip )
4 eggs
4 yolks
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour

Melt margarine and chocolate together (either in a double boiler or in a microwave- make sure it does not come in contact with water!!) I do it in a microwave and stop it every 15-20 seconds to mix ensuring that it doesn't burn. Then beat eggs, yokes and sugar until it's light yellow in color. Lastly add in the melted chocolate into the mixer and BY HAND fold in the flour then mix it all together. Set up your ramikins by placing either a half a truffle of chocolate or a square of the parve Rosemarie chocolate in the center of eachieving ramikin. With a spoon measure by eye a quantity of batter in each ramikin (to leave a clean look try not to touch the sides with your spoon if you do take a wet paper towel and clean it off. Bake on 400 for 12 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen