Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Davening

proud2beAMom

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 4:46 pm
What is a mother of children's role in davening on rosh hashana? Are we suppose to worry that we haven't said much or are we not even obligated to daven? (I don't see myself getting much done especially in the morning )

Volunteer

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 11:18 pm
A rabbi whose shiur I attended said that his mother's prayer on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur was, "Dear God, since you've blessed me with the ability to take care of my children with sensitivity and generosity, please take care of all your children with the same. .."

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 6:01 am
Try to get Shema and Shmona Esrei in.
Give an activity beforehand and a promise of reward for after. If you have a close neighbor with a similar situation, switch off.
On Yom Kippur, I know that my real davening ends after maariv. I'm in the quiet house and could daven slowly and outloud. I can cry without self-consciousness. I like to get to shul for neila. I give the kids a lollypop to keep them quiet and somewhat still. They like to say shema and baruch shem outloud and hear the shofar the last time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics