Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How kids turn out and effect on confidence as an adult

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 9:57 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....hter=

I just read the above old thread and I wholeheartedly agree with these 2 posts, that I didnt write:

~ ~ ~

Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2008, 11:30 am Post subject: re: Do you know a/o who had low self confidence that improv
I have it opposite.
I used to be a real confident person.
as an adult, going thru life, I feel like my confidence is weakening, I find myself doubting my judgement, feeling like a failure, and not having that usual spark I used to have.
I dont know if its maybe a result of this world we live in, where one would think when you get older, shtuyot stop. But I see all around me adults who dont stop being like those girls in high school... and I think to myself, I thought I got out of it, the competition, and all that.
Being a mother and wife also adds to the hard feelings we put on ourselves. guilt, is a major factor to many peoples confidence. unfortunately, we dont know how to live without it.

Post Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2008, 11:42 am Post subject: re: Do you know a/o who had low self confidence that improv
These days if u have any problem w a child's behavior or Hashkafa, the mother is blamed. I just had a conversation with a High School friend who says it's like any other problem, mostly a result od bad Mazel. We were talking about the most easygoing girl in our class that has behavior problem children. Her husband is the biggest Mentsch as well. They live very close and are very close.

I know people will kick and scream- the ones with well behaved kids anyhow!

When people criticize you after you've done your best, it shatters any confidence.

~ ~ ~

How do you live with being looked down at (please dont say its imagined, Ive observed others judging others unfavorably), if you have bad Mazel with kids? People really dont know what goes on in homes, both good and bad, behind closed doors. even with your siblings and neighbors, but theyre often judgmental anyhow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics