Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Shabbos ema run amok
Previous  1  2

SRS

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:40 pm
Respect for parent's schedules should be extended to all parents, not just parents of large broods. Perhaps if respect where the name of the game, we would not see so many threads of annoyance with school policy. It is not respectful to send parents on a hunt with little notice regardless of the employment status of the parent, regardless of the number of children she has, regardless of her wealth or lack thereof.

Seriously educators, organize yourself before school starts and your respect will be returned.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:28 pm
for all the teachers out there: I do my grocery shopping sunday or monday. yes, getting a note tuesday would be difficult for me. I do all my shopping for the week in one go. I like the idea of a schedule in the beginning of the year. please consider sending these out. I don't keep nosh in the house for the most part, so last minute requests will get nothing.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 6:28 pm
I love DD's school. At the beginning of the year, each parent contributes 50 shekels for class treats, and that's it. The combined amount has to cover the entire year, and it's the teacher's job to budget, shop, and plan ahead.

I've never been so happy to hand over my money. Very Happy

pause

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 6:28 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
for all the teachers out there: I do my grocery shopping sunday or monday. yes, getting a note tuesday would be difficult for me. I do all my shopping for the week in one go. I like the idea of a schedule in the beginning of the year. please consider sending these out. I don't keep nosh in the house for the most part, so last minute requests will get nothing.
Same here. I shop in the beginning of the week. One child used to bring home Shabbas Mommy/Tatty notes on Wednesday and the next child's teacher was more considerate and sent them home on Tuesday. Too late for me anyway. I learned to keep a closed bag of cookies or chips in a different kitchen cabinet than our snacks. When a child brought home a note, I had something to send and immediately the next week, I replaced the Shabbas party nosh in preparation for the next time the kid would bring home a note. One year, the kid was Shabbas Mommy/Tatty three weeks apart and then not again for like five months..., so I learned to always be prepared!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers