Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
One Million Dollar Bat Mitzvah

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:27 pm
Have no idea if this is news, entertainment or other. Excessive and vulgar doesn't begin to describe. Contains a semi prurient photo.

http://pagesix.com/2015/09/15/.....77199

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:41 pm
Years ago I worked for a hugely successful company that was owned by a frum couple. I got an invite to their son's Bar Mitzvah and who should be the entertainment but Michael Jackson. None of this surprises me.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:50 pm
shock Puke Puke Puke

Happy18

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 4:03 pm
Is this really so surprising? This has been going on for years so have million dollar sweet 16's. Just news because of the economy.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 5:48 pm
Calling it a "bat mitzvah" is a farce; there's nothing "mitzvah" about it, and in tastelessness and vulgarity it reaches new depths. However, if you consider the cost of the bash as a percentage of the family's income, the ostentation is no worse than that of many bar mitzvahs, including frum ones, and let's not talk about weddings. At least the family is not going into debt to make this little soiree.

MrsDash

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 8:48 pm
So THIS is what amother was talking about! The answer to the million dollar question is the million dollar bat mitzvah. Applause

mirror

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 9:11 pm
The question is, will their daughter Jaclyn get acting gigs? I think many producers seek that interracial look...

etky

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 9:56 pm
We have these same vacuous, flashy celebrations here except that most are obviously not as elaborate, though some aspire to be, in an Israeli way.
These type of events, wherever they rank on the scale of ostentation, are referred to as "bat mitzvoosh" parties.

abound

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 11:54 pm
As long as she has a bat mitzvah party she will remember her entire life she is Jewish. Knowing she is jewish is a great thing. It also means they are not ashamed that they are Jewish.
May this knowledge bring her closer to Hashem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics