Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Onion Rolls from AMI - All Enjoyed
Previous  1  2

sped

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 12:18 pm
willow wrote:
Do you fry the onions?

no. that's the fun part. I would add salt to the onions. I think it would add to the taste.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 2:24 pm
I just made the rolls and I'm eating on now! Delicious and very easy. I used white whole wheat flour.

Tova

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 2:27 pm
They really are good. But I find they are best fresh from the oven or that day. I've made them specifically for Shalosh Seudos a few times and the taste really went down (they would have been fine if I was able to heat them up again in the oven for a couple of minutes).

Shmerling

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 2:29 pm
Why are you people making this? You are supposed to be boycotting Ami! How can you sit and enjoy a recipe from Ami?!

Shame on you

sped

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 5:09 am
Tova wrote:
They really are good. But I find they are best fresh from the oven or that day. I've made them specifically for Shalosh Seudos a few times and the taste really went down (they would have been fine if I was able to heat them up again in the oven for a couple of minutes).

I froze mine fresh and they were fine when defrosted.

mom2six

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 11:52 am
I made these last night. The only thing I had to change was the amount of onion--I used 2 very large ones. Otherwise, they were perfect.

cpa613

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 5:15 pm
Anyone else find the dough a little sticky to work with? I made them last week and they were really good - but I had to keep on adding more flour as I worked with the dough. I found it very sticky. Any suggestions?

Fave

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 3:11 pm
Did anyone try freezing this raw and then baking it fresh on Yom Tov?

chaya35

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:56 am
Do you use regular flour or the flour I use for Challah? Also instant or dry active yeast?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads