Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
*Mandr's Deal Thread*
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

questioner

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:19 am
What ages would small vs. medium ClassMates work for?

kb

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:20 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
And the cheapest ones at $15 are good for little preschoolers, and that's about it. It won't fit a regular size folder height wise (we have the TinyTake which is no longer made, and that is 14" high and didn't work for my pre-K kid this past year; these first classmates are 13.5" high) -- make sure you get the size you need for your child Smile

I am thinking of getting my oldest a new one because his Featherlight 100 barely worked for him last year, and in 5th grade he may need a bigger size, but it's hard for me to know. The medium gives him a bit more space (my next few kids have that and it's definitely somewhat bigger), but I might just get him a large and it will last him through the end of elementary school.
Does anyone know if this incarnation of classmates have inside pockets? Maybe I'll chat them.

They have a video of the knapsack. I'd assume it shows pockets or not there.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:34 am
I watched it, they don't show the inside at all. They just state what fits in it, adding the text next to it, which you can see from the screen capture. Chat said there are no inside pockets in the main compartment; the small front pocket has an open flap and a keychain.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:37 am
questioner wrote:
What ages would small vs. medium ClassMates work for?

Small would work from preschool through 2nd-3rd grade I'd think, but it really depends on if your child brings home binders or folders for homework. Medium I think even my 5th grader could technically still use if he had one, but it would probably be stuffed to capacity between textbooks and binders, so I'm thinking of getting him a large. The medium is a drop bigger than the featherlight he has been using the past few years...that fit 2 textbooks and a binder, but his supply list has 2 or 3 binders listed and I'm not sure how many he's bringing home.

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 12:45 pm
Thanks for all the detail, HY! I think for even 1st grade they need to be able to fit a folder.
Sounds silly that it doesn't have interior organizing pockets. Maybe the golden age of Land's End is fading.

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 4:26 pm
So tempted... strange that the reviews say the small one is too small but the measurements given seem big enough for full size folders books etc. I have a backpack I ordered last year from Children's Place that I thought was too big and it measures the same as the Lands End small one says. So not sure whether to try Land's End or just go with what I already own, it seems flimsy but I do have it already (store wouldn't take the return from online and I was too lazy to ship it back, I only paid $7 in the first place and shipping would probably be about that much.) Will probably just stick with what I have though the LE ones look so nice and the free monogram is a sweet touch. If this one dies I can hope for another sale next year or a clearance find...

cnc

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 5:18 pm
Small definitely fits a binder. I have seen it IRL. And just ordered it now.

I would say small is for 1st and 2nd grade.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 8:52 pm
Small fits a 1" binder, probably 1.5" but not much else besides it. Some kids already have 2 binders to bring home by 2nd grade. And if you add in workbooks/textbooks, forget it Sad

The featherlight bags may have organization pockets, some of my kids have those and they come in handy.

momX4

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 3:17 pm
gap.com has boys warmest coats on sale. Free 2 day shipping if you order enough. code START and each warmest coat is about $38!!!!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains