Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Manhattan streets blocked Papal visit 9/24 - 9/26

mirror

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 1:59 pm
http://web.mta.info/nyct/servi.....5.htm

Many of streets will be closed. Do not attempt to drive to Manhattan.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:23 pm
Thanks for the info!

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 10:58 pm
Thanks for the PSA. This is pretty rotten timing as it's the only full weekday in quite a stretch to get anything done before yomtov (again)!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:03 pm
seeker wrote:
Thanks for the PSA. This is pretty rotten timing as it's the only full weekday in quite a stretch to get anything done before yomtov (again)!

I know! And here I had major plans.

Will the subway schedule be disrupted?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:09 pm
They say to leave extra time for any traveling but subway is not directly affected. Some bus routes probably, and expect some congestion because people will be taking more subways to avoid streets.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:15 pm
Completely random, but gap has free 2 day shipping. Think it will arrive by sunday? Or should I not risk and hop on a train tomorrow?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:16 pm
Dunno, does 2 days include weekend? Does it include "processing" time? You have Thursday, Friday, and Shabbos so that's not *too* tight but a little close. Is there a minimum order for that?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:17 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Completely random, but gap has free 2 day shipping. Think it will arrive by sunday? Or should I not risk and hop on a train tomorrow?
It will probably arrive on Monday, as it's usually calculated as 2 business days. (Order Thursday, 1st business day Friday, 2nd business day Monday.)

Call Gap ahead of time to make sure they have the sizes you want and put them on hold!

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:19 pm
If you order tonight (it's 40 minutes until midnight on the East coast) then shouldn't tomorrow (Thursday) count as day 1? Friday day 2? And Saturday in case the mail takes longer, it's not a business day but it is a regular mail delivery day.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:19 pm
seeker wrote:
If you order tonight (it's 40 minutes until midnight on the East coast) then shouldn't tomorrow (Thursday) count as day 1? Friday day 2? And Saturday in case the mail takes longer, it's not a business day but it is a regular mail delivery day.

It's ups two day ground shipping.

Do they deliver shabbos?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:22 pm
seeker wrote:
Check Gap's website. Cutoff is usually around 3pm or so for most places, leaving them time to actually ship the product that day. No way they can still ship it out today at this time.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:26 pm
From their website " Orders placed with 2 business day shipping Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) before 3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT will arrive within 2 business days, pending credit card authorization and verification. "
Also, the sale is on only until midnight tonight.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:30 pm
So feasible but really cutting it close. Note also the free shipping is with $75 minimum. Bah.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:34 pm
seeker wrote:
So feasible but really cutting it close. Note also the free shipping is with $75 minimum. Bah.
Not feasible. 3pm eastern standard time cutoff for Friday delivery was 8.5 hours ago.
UPS and FedEx do not deliver on Saturday except for special Saturday Delivery which comes at a high cost (unless things changed in the last few years.)

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:39 pm
Oh didn't realize 2-day shipping doesn't include Shabbos. Bummer.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:47 pm
They're telling me not to rely on Saturday delivery on the East Coast because of the pope's visit...

What, Vatican City was too small punkt erev succos? Sad

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:52 pm
I placed the order anyway. I will keep you all posted!

Most of it is for chol hamoed, and the one dress for yomtov will be for second days if it fits perfectly (unlikely, so that's too bad.)

If we survive yomtov without needing this dress I can ship it right back iy"h.

dimyona

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 12:05 am
Isn't there a GAP on 86th St in Brooklyn? And I'm sure in other locations as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries