Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help me choose a convertible carseat!

sv123

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 12:35 pm
My baby is almost outgrowing her infant carseat and I'm trying to find a great convertible carseat that's easy to install, use and one that reclines well so that my daughter's head won't fall forward while sleeping! I'm also looking for one that isn't ridiculously priced.
Can anyone recommend a good carseat that they love? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

cfriedman2

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 1:36 pm
the diono radian rxt is $200 today on amazon if you are a prime member in the storm color. It is an amazing seat

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 2:15 pm
What is your budget?

sv123

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 3:03 pm
Not more than 200 for a really good car seat.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 9:29 pm
What car do you drive? Any other car seats in there?

sv123

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 9:36 pm
A Honda Odyssey. No other carseats

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 11:21 pm
So space isn't an issue for you. I like my Graco size 4 me 65.. Nice height and weight limits, especially rear facing. Super easy to install and uninstall. Did each in like 2 minutes today. No re thread harness, which means to get it to be taller you lift the tab behind the headrest, lift up and that's it. There is even a "level" with a ball in it to check your angle! And a cup holder! And washable fabric!
Oh, and another great part: 2 sets of latches, one for RF and the other forward facing. Practically Everything is color coded to easily tell the difference between RF and FF: Which path for correct seatbelt installation, which angles for RF vs FF.... Super simple to install correctly.

It isn't the softest/plushest but DC likes it And has slept in it!

SBM13

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 11:32 pm
Britax is rly good but they can run a lil over ur budget. The marathon Is the lowest of the good top ones they make. They have a new click tight system which makes installation rly easy but thats extra. Shop around for prices. Sometimes u can get them on sale. Gl

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 12:41 am
the chicco nextfit looks cool in regard to recline but its way over your budget.

I have radians and havent felt that my kids heads tip forward when rear facing.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 1:03 am
cfriedman2 wrote:
the diono radian rxt is $200 today on amazon if you are a prime member in the storm color. It is an amazing seat

By the way it is one of the heaviest car seats so you can't transfer between cars easily.

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 1:13 am
amother wrote:
By the way it is one of the heaviest car seats so you can't transfer between cars easily.

ur not going to be transfering any convertible car seat between cars regardless of the weight.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 7:15 am
cfriedman2 wrote:
ur not going to be transfering any convertible car seat between cars regardless of the weight.

Why not?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 7:18 am
OP if you are on FB there is a great group called J- Tech Q and A which you can ask to join. If you can't find it (I'm not sure if it's public or private) you can message me on Facebook (Tzippy Schreiber) and ask me to have you added. There are car seat techs there, and also lots of really knowledgable moms.

sv123

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 12:25 pm
Thanks for all your responses. I just realized I wrote Honda Odyssey. I don't know why I did that.. I have a Honda Accord so I am pretty limited in space, but I'll definitely keep your responses in mind when choosing a suitable car seat.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 1:04 pm
See if you can find a britax on sale somewhere. We have one of the new click tights and they are amazingly easy to install. Some models are heavier than others.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 2:27 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:

It's a pain but I have to do it. I have one for my car but we have one that gets switched around. We switch our Graco. It's heavy (less than 20 pounds I believe) but totally possible. And installing/uninstalling it is super easy and quick! The Diono is just the heaviest one I found out there.

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:

it is but thats cause its made of metal not just plastic. it also has a longer time till it expires then (just about?) every other car seat out there.

I dont transfer my car seats on a daily basis. take them out maybe once or twice a year, so its a non issue for me.

its also pretty tall and some cars feel cramped with it tho it has a foam piece that you can buy to go underneath it that tips it up more. I use it.

but either way not sure its what the OP wants (more then 200 for one thing) its biggest plus is that its very thin and more likely to manage a 3 across situation if you need one (tho some cars wont work for 3 across ever even with radians)

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 2:54 pm
busydev wrote:
it is but thats cause its made of metal not just plastic. it also has a longer time till it expires then (just about?) every other car seat out there.

I dont transfer my car seats on a daily basis. take them out maybe once or twice a year, so its a non issue for me.

its also pretty tall and some cars feel cramped with it tho it has a foam piece that you can buy to go underneath it that tips it up more. I use it.

but either way not sure its what the OP wants (more then 200 for one thing) its biggest plus is that its very thin and more likely to manage a 3 across situation if you need one (tho some cars wont work for 3 across ever even with radians)

I'm like u. I take my seat out maybe twice a year and use the angle adjuster to give more room. I had it in my 2012 accord and it fit fine. It was (might still be) on sale for under $200 for Amazon prime members yesterday which is why I suggested it

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 9:57 am
busydev wrote:

Not so true anymore. I just got a Guide 65 with 10 year expiration (actually more, since it expires the end of the year, and I got it in the middle)...by the time it expires, I'll have an over 20 year old!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics