Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
"need" a place for Shabbos/meals?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

oliveoil

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:47 am
DrMom wrote:
Huh? Everyone is entitled to her own experiences and her own opinions and emotions about those experiences. Maybe people here didn't think seminary was that bad. Can nobody think that because it differs from your emotional responses to a similar situation? You don't get to tell someone how they felt!

I am sorry you had a bad experience but this post is just strange.

I don't think she was actually talking about how good or bad anyone's experience eating out in seminary was. AIUI, she was pointing out that one's experience eating shabbos meals out in seminary has very little relevance to the discussion at hand, which is about older singles looking for invites.

mamma2b

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 12:30 pm
DrMom wrote:
Huh? Everyone is entitled to her own experiences and her own opinions and emotions about those experiences. Maybe people here didn't think seminary was that bad. Can nobody think that because it differs from your emotional responses to a similar situation? You don't get to tell someone how they felt!

I am sorry you had a bad experience but this post is just strange.

DrMom- my bad, I didn't punctuate the sentence properly-so I will clarify.
OP says that she can't understand why it's so bad to stay in for shabbos once in awhile. She bases her judgement on her experience in seminary-which wasn't bad at all.
So what I'm saying is that it's not comparable to the experience in seminary (and whether her experience in sem was or wasn't so great is totally irrelevant)
The emotional state of vulnerability isn't the same when a single girl in seminary seeking a shabbos meal to the vulnerability to a single in real life.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics